IT Process Automation

• 1.  PAM Email Connection Parameters

Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:23 PM

This knowledge base link is broken.  I am having trouble using PAM Get Email List Operator.  I am getting a error every time I try to connect.

https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/kbtech?docid=597606

• 2.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:56 PM

Sorry about the link Paul, searching internally I am not finding any doc with that number.

This doc discusses how to use the Filters to get the emails you need and may help:

How to use the Message Filter Criteria to retrieve specific emails in the Mail Operators.

Maybe we can sort you out fairly quickly here though, what error are you getting when you attempt to use the email operators?    Have you tried the 'Count' operator?  I find that to be the simplest when testing email connectivity since it is just doing a count and isn't trying to retrieve any emails.  

• 3.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters

Posted Mar 28, 2018 04:20 PM

I didn't put in any filters.  I only put in the "Login Parameters" and the "Input Parameter" as "Inbox".    I tried Email Count when I couldn't get the Email List to work and it failed as well.

• 4.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2018 04:42 PM

Paul,

Is the operator successful and your just not getting email you are expecting or is it failing?   If it is failing there should be a reason in the dataset:

• 5.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters

Posted Mar 28, 2018 04:50 PM

Failed to execute operation to retrieve list of mails - Could not connect to the Mail Server Connection reset; nested exception is: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

• 6.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2018 10:55 AM

Paul,

That seems like a generic 'connection failed' type of message.   Please open a command window on the Orchestrator server and attempt to telnet to the mail server.  If it connects it should display an empty box, if it fails it will eventually fail as shown below:

This failed as I used the wrong port.

If this fails you will need to work with your networking team to ensure the orchestrator server has access to the mail server

• 7.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters

Posted Apr 02, 2018 01:21 PM

Thanks Michael,

I was able to get it to connect today but then stopped.  I am assuming that there must be some sort of security policy that disables the mailbox.  Thanks again for the help.

• 8.  Re: PAM Email Connection Parameters

Posted Apr 03, 2018 01:38 PM

If I run more than 3 Email Operators in a short time.  I get the same "Connection" issue.  I am assuming that there is some sort of Security Setting on the Mailbox, that blocks if there are more than 3 log-ins in a short period of time.  Any thoughts on this.  Have you heard about this happening before.