Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Gateway Migration Utility/restMan Bundles don't copy CWP comments and policies folders changes

• 1.  Gateway Migration Utility/restMan Bundles don't copy CWP comments and policies folders changes

Posted Mar 29, 2018 03:26 AM

Hi team,

I am intensively using GMU (gateway migration utility) on API Gateway 9.3 and restMan to transfer policies across instances of the API gateway (DEV to ITG or PRO...)

Although most of the objects are properly transferred I ran into two glitches that I found annoying

• when moving a policy from one folder to a different folder on the source environment, I am not sure that there is a convenient way to create a bundle that would instruct GMU or RestMan to actually perform the same move on the target environment, even though the folders are indeed correctly created if they don't exist.
    • The description section of custom cluster wide properties is not copied over, and there does not seem to be a way to put that description in the cluster wide property template. Although not critical, this is cumbersome as CWPs are used to adjust the behavior of the policies on each environment, therefore having recommendations as to what each property is used for and what values it should take can be useful, especially whan you have taken the time to document this in the Development environment

Did others run into the same issues and found a way to address  them ?

Thanks

V.

• 2.  Re: Gateway Migration Utility/restMan Bundles don't copy CWP comments and policies folders changes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 18, 2018 08:11 PM

V,

Good evening, for your first point around migrating in to another folder you can use the examples located here: migrateIn command - CA API Gateway - 9.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Example:

Example: Import to a folder (maps root folder in the bundle to target folder)

$ ./GatewayMigrationUtility.sh migrateIn –-argFile commonarguments.properties --bundle bundle.xml –-results results.xml --destFolder ‘/path/to/target/folder’

For the second point, I've run some tests and the cluster wide property output in restman does not include the custom description. I've created an Idea with this suggestion (GMU nor Restman export out custom cluster wide property description ) Please up vote it and add any additional insights.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Broadcom Support