Clarity

• 1.  Plan of Record Queries

Posted Mar 29, 2018 01:54 PM

Hi Team,

Kindly advice on the below queries

1) Can we disable Plan of Record

2)Is there any option to get the Notification  If someone changes the cost plan to set the Plan of record.

• 2.  Re: Plan of Record Queries

Posted Mar 29, 2018 05:11 PM

1.  There is no ‘out of the box’ means to disable “Plan of Record.”

•   Question:  Why do you want to disable this?  When measuring forecast (cost plan) vs. actual variance, how will you pick which cost plan to use?

2.  Processes on Cost Plans don’t appear to have the feature which allows one to start process based on current vs. previous value – this is probably why you asked the question, yes?

•   However, if have gel script capabilities, can still do this

i.    On Cost Plan object, Audit Trail, enable “Plan of Record” as an audited attribute

ii.    Build your process

•   In Gel, check current value against last value for attribute in audit table

•   If same, finish

•   If different, send notice to your distribution

•   I’m not a Gel expert – you’ll have to ask someone else for detailed implementation unless you have the skills inhouse

•   Granted, this is not as easy to do as having a process starts based on previous value<>current value – don’t know why this feature was left off this object

Note:  I’m looking at 15.2 – haven’t seen 15.3 or 15.4, therefore I don’t know if anything has been changed/improved in this area.

Dale