Clarity

• 1.  Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted Mar 30, 2018 10:11 AM

The Portlet is showing error and when clicked in Options(gear icon) it doesn't show "Configure".

It's a single sign on user system. so other users cannot login except the user facing issue, so I have performed the below steps.

1. I have opened the Portlet in my system and right clicked on "Configure" and book marked it.

2. I told the user to make Google as Bookmark and I have sent my "Configure" link bookmark to User.

3. User edited the Google bookmark removing the Google.com and pasted the link which i sent and saved it.

4. When User went to the portlet page and opened the Bookmark , a Pop-up window opened . User clicked on Restore Defaults and removed few columns from the List Layout and Saved it , but nothing worked.

Please advice.  CA Support case is raised on some similar issue , but no progress from them .

• 2.  Re: Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted Mar 30, 2018 10:37 AM

Can the user open the portlet in another location?

Eg on a personal tab on the overview page?

Or can the admin do that?

Eg. on a new tab on the overview page which all users will see at least for the time of testing?

• 3.  Re: Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted Mar 30, 2018 10:44 AM

User created new Tab in the Overview:General page and added the Portlet, still its the same issue.

• 4.  Re: Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted Mar 30, 2018 01:07 PM

Did you ever open a case with support?

If not do it now. Send the app log to support.

• 5.  Re: Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted Apr 02, 2018 01:58 PM

Are there multiple saved filters in this portlet? Try following the answer from this thread: Portlet with busted Default Filter .

• 6.  Re: Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted Apr 02, 2018 03:22 PM

Yes, if restoring the defaults did not work then the issue could be something that was not restored.

One way to get an indication of that is if you got to configure remove all the filter fields and fields leaving just one text field.

• 7.  Re: Portlet Error and settings(Gear Icon) not working

Posted May 14, 2018 04:03 AM

Is there any query to get info of all the users who are facing this kind of issues with out of the box or custom portlets.