DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Can I change the format of the Time_Origin Field in UIM so that I can map it in the sdgtw probe ServiceNow field?

• 1.  Can I change the format of the Time_Origin Field in UIM so that I can map it in the sdgtw probe ServiceNow field?

Posted Apr 02, 2018 11:13 AM

Currently we have created a field in ServiceNow that we call Alarm Date/Time. We would like to populate this field with the value from the time_origin of the alarm. Currently it looks like the format for ServiceNow for this field is DD/MM/YYYY HH:MM:SS however the format for the time_origin in UIM is DD/MM/YY HH:MM:SS and this seems to be causing the fields to not map, so when an incident is created we are getting a blank Alarm Date/Time field? 

Has anyone run into this or is there a way to correct this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

• 2.  Re: Can I change the format of the Time_Origin Field in UIM so that I can map it in the sdgtw probe ServiceNow field?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:19 PM

the only thing I can think of for this would be to use a NAS pre-processing script to update a custom field with the date format and then see if you can map that custom field to what you want on the serviceNow side.

I do not know of any way on the UIM to make that change to the original field data.

• 3.  Re: Can I change the format of the Time_Origin Field in UIM so that I can map it in the sdgtw probe ServiceNow field?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 03:41 PM

There is a 1.40T3 test build of the sdgtw probe that will allow you to transform any of the UIM alarm time fields into a time/date string and map the desired UIM alarm time field to the desired field in ServiceNow as long as the mapped field in ServiceNow accepts a character string (support for ServiceNow date/time format field is not supported).  You would have to open a support case to get a copy of the 1.40T3 test build then add the following 2 key value pairs to the <setup> section of the sdgtw.cfg file from the probe's Raw Configure GUI:

convert_time_to_date_format = true

date_format = dd/MM/yy HH:mm:ss  (this is the format used by default)