Service Virtualization

• 1.  arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 03, 2018 05:59 AM

Hi All,

Some of the time we are seeing arguments value as coming with null in lisa.vse.request (IBM MQ Native)

We checked all devtest services and all are running.

So we deleted that content and again copy/paste the same content in that file.

Now we are able to see arguments value in lisa.vse.request when we posted that file.

Could you please anyone confirm that in which situation we will get arguments as null in lisa.vse.request and how to fix that one.

• 2.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 03, 2018 02:31 PM

> Some of the time we are seeing arguments value as coming with null in lisa.vse.request (IBM MQ Native)

Just to be sure, you mean the argument list inside the VSE response is empty, and not that the whole VSE response object is null, correct?

> So we deleted that content and again copy/paste the same content in that file.

What Data Protocol(s) are you using?  Are you sure all of your requests have the same character encoding (ASCII, EBCDIC, etc)?  What character set ID (CCSID) are you putting in your MQ message header?  Are you sure all your requests have the same break style (UNIX '\n', DOS: '\r\n')?

• 3.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 16, 2018 03:01 PM

Please find my comments below,

1) Below are the sample lisa.vse.request

Request {id=0, operation="Header", arguments=, attributes=recorded_raw_request_bytes=PEhlYWRlcj4NCjx0YWcxPklTTyAwIJYgvSBFVVJPPC90YWcxPg0KPHRhZzI dGVzdCAgZnA8L3RhZzI DQo8dGFnMz5QYXbpIERpYW1hbnTpPC90YWczPg0KPC9IZWFkZXI &recorded_raw_request=<Header>
    <tag1>ISO 0 – ½ EURO</tag1>
    <tag2>test fp</tag2>
    <tag3>Pavé Diamanté</tag3>
    </Header>, metaData=msg.characterSet=850&msg.replyToQueueManagerName=S2MSGW01&msg.putApplicationType=11&msg.putTime=18503493&msg.messageId=414D512053324D5347573031202020205AD1149322623406&msg.putApplicationName=les\RFHUTIL 7.5\rfhutilc.exe&msg.encoding=546&msg.priority=0&msg.userId=mqm&msg.accountingToken=1601051500000061590427512E6B55F34D0F37D4C1010000000000000000000B&msg.persistence=0&msg.putDate=20180416&msg.overrideCharacterSet=1252&Payload.class=XMLString&channel.name=Request 1, matchTolerance=Exact, binary=false, body=(non-binary)[104 bytes] <Header>
    <tag1>ISO 0 – ½ EURO</tag1>
    <tag2>test fp</tag2>
    <tag3>Pavé Diamanté</tag3>
    </Header>}

2) Data protocol: XML and CCSID: We didnt set

Note: Request file is moved/copied from local system to remote system in which CA LISA installed.

• 4.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:16 AM

Do you see any XML errors in the logs?  Your request text may include characters that technically are not allowed in an XML document.

• 5.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 20, 2018 07:11 AM

I dont see any error in listener step and it is not highlighted with Yellow color also. I got request is not matched message in Response message. So i analysed the failure reason and found that argument is coming as null.

To troubleshoot the issue, i want to know the failure possible reason if arguments="" value as null in lisa.vse,request

• 6.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 24, 2018 06:09 PM

Did you check the *log files*, and not just the ITR/Dashboard output?

If the VSE request arguments are left blank it's because the DPH either failed to find any arguments or it experienced an error.  Looking in the log files on your disk will help determine if it's the latter.

• 7.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 25, 2018 09:31 AM

Thanks Kevin for the info.

I checked only ITR output.

Please confirm that is it VSE.log file?

• 8.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 26, 2018 12:33 PM

If you have having this issue when the service is deployed to VSE then yes, it's vse.log and there should also be a log file named after that particular service.

If you're running your service in the ITR then it would be the workstation log.

• 9.  Re: arguments coming as null in lisa.vse.request

Posted Apr 27, 2018 02:46 AM

Thanks Kevin