Do we have any easy way to copy all the Group members from an existing group and populate in the new Group. Preferably an SQL query or Stored Procedure?
Yes you need a PAM process to be called from a Service Catalog event. I've built a Service Catalog service, event, and PAM process that I can share. Download the "Create Service Desk Group.zip" from that link and extract the files.
To implement this service follow these steps.
1. Import "PAM_Process_Create_Service_Desk_Group.xml" to your PAM library to a folder of your choosing.
2. Check out the process and navigate to the POST_access operators pre-execution code and update the Process.restURL variable. Set this variable to your service desk servers rest endpoint. Leave the end format of the URL as is, the other operators add their respected objects onto the end of the URL.
3. Make sure you have a valid userID__ and password__ set in the "/CA SDM/SDM_GlboalDataset" dataset. The POST_access operator queries this info. If you don't use this dataset override the "User name" and "Password" used in the Post_access operator.
4. Make sure you have a valid userID__, password__, and businessUnit__ set in the "/CA SLCM/SLCM_GlboalDataset" dataset. The CASC_Login operator queries this info. If you don't use this dataset override the "User name", "Password" and Business Unit used in the CASC_Login operator.
5. Save and Check In the process.
6. Import "PAM_Start_Request_Form_srf_Create_Service_Desk_Group.xml" to your PAM library to a folder of your choosing.
7. Check out the start request form and update the Process Path to point to the process that was imported in step 1. Save then Check In the SRF.
8. Import the service "SC_Create_Service_Desk_Group_Service.xml"
9. Import the report data "SC_Create_Service_Desk_Group_Report_Data.xml"
a. This imports two data objects (Service Desk Groups,Service Desk Groups Check). One is used in the "Group to Copy" dropdown, the other is used to check if the new group already exists.
10. Import the event "SC_Create_Service_Desk_Group_Event.xml"
11. Navigate to the action
a. Request/Subscription Item Change
b. custom.rule.When Status is Pending Fulfillment code is createSDMGroup
c. Launch PAM SRF
12. Edit the "Launch PAM SRF" action and update the path for the start request form. Press OK.
13. The service can be found in the Service Desk folder. Feel free to cut/paste it wherever you want.
Service Catalog Form
On Submit logic stops you from submitting the form if the New Group Name already exists in SDM.
PAM process uses the SDM Restful API
It would be better to perform this operation using web services. Does your site use process automation? It would be fairly simple to accomplish this in PAM, or even better if this is a common use case front the process with a service catalog form.
We use PAM and Catalog Both. Could you please advise how we can achieve it through Service Catalog form? Do we needto embed a PAM process behind the catalog form? If possible can you share some PAM process details?
Thanks for sharing your expertise once again with the rest of the community!
You're welcome! I'm glad that I'm able to share.
Great sharing post!
Maybe we need to create an idea for CA to have a sort of market place to have a single place when communities can share such 'Packages'
Idea created for those who want to vote up
Great idea! Voted up.
I really appreciate the details. This will help us to reduce manual work tremendously. Cheers!
Retrieving data ...