Below are some of the scenarios affected by the performance issue:
1. Navigation is very slow and the production server goes down often. We find that the CPU utilization runs at the maximum whenever this happens.
2. Time slice and Datamart jobs are taking very long time to complete.
As per Clarity CA ppm suggestion we are moving from Linux to AIX server. And we are following 4(App with load balancer) +1 (DB server) architecture currently.
Please do suggest any monitoring tool for the same.
There were some CA produced "performance whitepapers" available ; search in the online documents for these (I don't have upto date links to hand).
Performance "problems" can be tricky to diagnose of course ; there are MANY factors that can influence performance. Firstly I would try to work out where your bottleneck actually is (so is it APP server related or DATABASE server related? is the relevant server(s) CPU bound or memory bound, and so on....)
As Dave said its a multi fold approach to see where the slowness is coming. You may visit my webinar CA PPM Performance tuning webinar and if that can help
I see you just joined the community, so welcome to the community.
In regards to your question, I have a few of my own:
1) Is this a new install, or an existing implementation?
2) if it is a new install, did you properly size the environment properly (RAM, CPU, DISK, etc), using the right version of Oracle.
3) Did this just start occurring? If so, have you recently done an upgrade? changed settings? done changes on the server? etc?
4) How long was it running before you had this problem?
It might be helpful to describe your system and the functionality used and give the number of concurrent users.
Do you have any system monitoring and logs which would tell what exactly was happening and the load when the server goes down..
Retrieving data ...