Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Problem Description: ********************** Data base is not connected from work station when i deploy the service over the console i am getting below error when i stage the test.  java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlyi

• 1.  Problem Description: ********************** Data base is not connected from work station when i deploy the service over the console i am getting below error when i stage the test.  java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlyi

Posted Apr 04, 2018 09:29 AM

Problem Description:

Data base is not connected from work station when i deploy the service over the console i am getting below error when i stage the test.

java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

Environment:

Docker containers for Devtest components mySQL Database

Diagnostics/Findings:

You have a test case that uses JDBC step, and going against Oracle DB.  When you run it in the ITR it works But when you stage it to the Simulator,  you are getting the above mentioned error.

It looks like the Simulator Container  is not able to access the Oracle server and port.  

Can you please help me resolve the issue.

You can reach me out by dialing 9740857648.

Thanks,

Gopal 

• 2.  Re: Problem Description: ********************** Data base is not connected from work station when i deploy the service over the console i am getting below error when i stage the test.  java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the unde

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:04 AM

Is your problem with the test case or the Workstation itself?

All DevTest components need access to the database the Registry is connecting to.

If using MySQL make sure your database is UTF-8, this means the below variables should be:

Once you start up the database you can see the default code pages, they should look similar to this:

mysql> show variables like 'char%';
    +----------------------------+----------------------------------+
    | Variable_name              | Value                            |
    | character_set_client       | utf8                             |
    | character_set_connection   | utf8                             |
    | character_set_database     | utf8                             |
    | character_set_filesystem   | binary                           |
    | character_set_results      | utf8                             |
    | character_set_server       | utf8                             |
    | character_set_system       | utf8                             |

• 3.  Re: Problem Description: ********************** Data base is not connected from work station when i deploy the service over the console i am getting below error when i stage the test.  java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the unde

Posted Apr 05, 2018 01:04 AM

Thank you so much Nancy for the support .

Diagnostics/Findings:

I  have a test case that uses JDBC step, and going against Oracle DB.  When you run it in the ITR it works But when you stage it to the Simulator, i am getting the above mentioned error.

My Test case is working fine with MySQL .i am planning to migrate to external  oracle DB  .

The oracle DB connection is not establishing with docker containers and images.

Please advise me steps to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Gopal  

• 4.  Re: Problem Description: ********************** Data base is not connected from work station when i deploy the service over the console i am getting below error when i stage the test.  java.sql.SQLException: Connections could not be acquired from the unde

Posted Apr 05, 2018 02:59 AM

when we executed below commands in Devtest Server in Linux against oracle DB

select * from nls_database_parameters where parameter like '%SET%';

Result :

PARAMETER
    ------------------------------
    VALUE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NLS_CHARACTERSET
    AL32UTF8

NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET
    AL16UTF16

Please suggest what is next steps.