Rally Software

• 1.  Child project metrics roll up to parent project

Posted Apr 04, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi,

If I have a parent project that has three children projects, and each child has iterations set up, how can I get all of the metrics from each child to flow up to the parent so I can see the total across all three?

Is that possible? One caveat is that the sprint start and end day for each project may be different. In other words, one project sprint starts on a Tuesday, one on a Wednesday, and one on a Thursday.

• 2.  Re: Child project metrics roll up to parent project

Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:14 AM

Hi ChrisBerry,

Which CA Product is your question for? 

• 3.  Re: Child project metrics roll up to parent project

Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:19 AM

CA agile central

• 4.  Re: Child project metrics roll up to parent project

Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:23 AM

Great!

I am moving your question into the Rally community to help you get the best possible answer. 

• 5.  Re: Child project metrics roll up to parent project
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 03:42 AM

Hi,

If you create an iteration with the same name and date in the parent project then the data from the child iteration should roll up. You also need to make sure the option to view items from child projects has been enabled.

In the future you can have this done automatically by creating the iteration from the parent project and selecting the option bulk create matching iterations in the child projects. 

• 6.  Re: Child project metrics roll up to parent project

Posted Apr 05, 2018 11:09 PM

Hi and thanks! Yes that worked. However, since we hvae two different start and end dates for various teams (some start Wed, others Thurs), is there a way to get them all to roll up to one? I created two iterations with the same name and the new dates but now I have 50% on one and 50% on another.

• 7.  Re: Child project metrics roll up to parent project

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 05:55 AM

Unfortunately, there isn't way to get the iteration with different dates to roll up.