Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

How to evaluate {{=expressions}} in transient response before it goes to custom data handler?

• 1.  How to evaluate {{=expressions}} in transient response before it goes to custom data handler?

Posted Apr 04, 2018 03:16 PM

Hi,

I am creating a custom data protocol. My transient response is an xml that has some expressions in it like this: {{=expression}}. In my custom data protocol, I am converting that xml into a message. When I try to update the transient response  I get an error because the expressions are not evaluated at the time of the response update as my program doesn't recognize {{=expression}}.

How can I overcome this problem?

Regards,

Saman

• 2.  Re: How to evaluate {{=expressions}} in transient response before it goes to custom data handler?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 03:45 PM

I think you want to use testExec.parseInState() to force all expressions to be evaluated.

• 3.  Re: How to evaluate {{=expressions}} in transient response before it goes to custom data handler?

Posted Apr 04, 2018 04:09 PM

Thanks much it worked!

• 4.  Re: How to evaluate {{=expressions}} in transient response before it goes to custom data handler?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 03:46 PM

Hi Saman,

Try this:

String newBody = testExec.parseInState(oldBody);

--Mike

• 5.  Re: How to evaluate {{=expressions}} in transient response before it goes to custom data handler?

Posted Apr 04, 2018 04:10 PM

Thanks much. I tried below code:

public void updateResponse(TestExec testExec, TransientResponse transientResponse){

String xmlString = testExec.parseInState(transientResponse.getBodyAsString());

}

and it worked.