DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UIM detail performance graphs - Green or Blue??

Posted Apr 04, 2018 05:01 PM

Anyone know what makes the performance graphs on the details tab in USM come out either blue (normal) or green (unusual) ???   Some examples... 

These are the normal BLUE:

These are BLUE.

These are all GREEN:

These are GREEN.

And... my personal favorite...  These are BOTH blue AND green!!!

Both BLUE and GREEN

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what magic causes this?  I'm sure it's something I've done (inadvertently)... that probably needs to be undone... or redone??

Running  UIM v8.5.1.

Thanks,
    Chris

• 2.  Re: UIM detail performance graphs - Green or Blue??

Posted Apr 04, 2018 09:22 PM

You would normally notice the weird color if there are multiple targets associated with the same QoS metric for a device (at least that what it is in my case). You should be able to notice it if you hover your mouse over the graph

You should be able to notice this even from SLM

It doesn't mean all three targets are writing the data to the same QoS in DB at the same time , but just having an entry of multiple targets can cause this issue , it might be only one target the data is being associated with.

Again there might be multiple scenarios why different targets wold be associated with one QoS of a single device , one reason would be change in Target or when a switch over happens from Primary HUB to Secondary HUB and a different target is created for some reason and could be something else too.

Even though I have this issue happening with few of our devices, I never really tried to dig deep into investigating it .May be you can start from this point ...

• 3.  Re: UIM detail performance graphs - Green or Blue??

Posted Apr 04, 2018 09:29 PM

btw, it would start showing up in blue color again if you delete the unwanted target objects which does not have the data from SLM 

• 4.  Re: UIM detail performance graphs - Green or Blue??
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2018 10:37 AM

Yes, you are nearly right, when there are multiple discovered devices for the same QOS metric, these are consolidated and merged in USM and are represented on the graphs as different colours.

Blue is one, green is two and red is three. The last one added shows on top, so if there are two then the colour is always green.

The colours follow the PRD which changes the colour of each series added to the graph.

Mouse over the datapoints to see the different devices - these are most commonly hostname/FQDN.