DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  A user account can use the portlet Dashboard Designer

Posted Apr 04, 2018 05:05 PM

Hi all.

I have a user account and this user need create/edit Dashboards.

Right now I setup the user with permission like administrator in ACL. The user not can't create dashboard.

I check mark all permission because the user still without power edit or create dashboards.

Why happen this?

The user type account not can't create dashboards?

M.E

• 2.  Re: A user account can use the portlet Dashboard Designer
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 06:11 PM

Hi -

This is by design - account contacts cannot create, edit, or delete dashboards.  They can only open dashboards. 

See:

KB000034604 : Dashboard Designer & Dashboard Design ACL differences

This is also documented on The Dashboard Portlet Wiki page:

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: A user account can use the portlet Dashboard Designer

Posted Apr 04, 2018 06:19 PM

OMG ... so a user of my environment MSP has to be a nimbus user to create dashboards?

• 4.  Re: A user account can use the portlet Dashboard Designer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 06:48 PM

That is correct.  It also means that your nimbus user will then be given access to all of the data available in your UIM database which would normally be restricted when logged in as the account contact user.

In the former flash Dashboard Designer portlet, it was possible for account/contacts to design dashboards of their own. (this is the reason why you may see "dashboard designer" ACL)

The old flash dashboard was composed of dashboard designer + custom dashboard portlets. One for designing, one for visualizing the dashboards. The HTML dashboard is one single portlet that has both a design/working mode and a live/presentation mode.

With an account/contact, no matter what ACL you assign to it, it will only be allowed to see the Live mode of a dashboard that has been published to its account.

This restriction is in place because while using the Dashboard portlet the user is exposed to the entire UIM database.  The new Dashboard portlet was designed this way in order to prevent account contact users from accessing other account contacts' data thereby preserving data segregation.

• 5.  Re: A user account can use the portlet Dashboard Designer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:46 PM

msp tenant account user should never be nimbus user, should stay as account user..

i believe the practice is are.

uim admin is responsible prepare a dashboard.

uim admin decide accessibility scope of the dashboard (grant to specific account only, or grant it to public to make it available to all accounts)