Rally Software

Ideas for Release Planning page

• 1.  Ideas for Release Planning page

Posted Apr 04, 2018 08:47 PM

Hi everyone, 

I have been speaking with some of my customers and most of them like the Release Planning page but find little nuances with it. I'm listing some of them down here and wondering what the community thinks about them....

1. Real Estate - The Release Planning page has a huge left side column for the Backlog. Wouldn't it be good if that can be resized (or collapsed altogether) to leave more space to show more Releases?

2. Export to PDF/JPG - Once a roadmap has been planned in the Release Planning page, wouldnt it be nice to be able to export it into a PDF/JPG so that it can be shared with other people in the organisaiton who may not have access to Agile Central?

3. Ability to choose which Releases are displayed - Right now, it seems Agile Central has some internal algorithms to decide which releases are displayed. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to choose which Releases are displayed?

4. Showing Teams as swimlanes and capacity for each team - Wouldn't it be nice to be able to add Teams as swimlanes to the page and have the capacity of each team shown in the swimlane. This way when we assign Features to the teams, we can also see how that affects the team's capacity.

Love to hear your thoughts and if there's enough interest, I'll log them into ideas.rallydev.com and get your votes on them.

Thanks!

steven