AnsweredAssumed Answered

XOG Out Contents of Custom Object

Question asked by alanbrobst on Apr 5, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 5, 2018 by urmas

I'm trying to use XOG to export the contents of a custom object that I manually created (and populated) to XML.  I probably have something wrong in the <Filter> tag.  I remarked out the instanceCode section because (and I hate to admit this), I have no idea what it is, so I was hoping it's optional.  Since I'm getting an SQL 936 error, it's probably not optional ...

The Object ID in the object's Properties page is charge_code_parents, so I'm assuming that's what I should be using for the objectCode filter value.  That might be wrong, too.

So, my questions are:

1) Where can I find the instanceCode value to include in the filter, and;

2) Is charge_code_parents the right objectCode value for this exercise?

Or I am going about this in the totally wrong way?  Any advice would be much appreciated.

The XOG code is:

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
<Header version="14.2.0.237" action="read" objectType="customObjectInstance" externalSource="NIKU"/>
<CustomObjectInstanceQuery>
<Filter name="objectCode" criteria="EQUALS">charge_code_parents</Filter>
<!--<Filter name="instanceCode" criteria="EQUALS">FTK00000835</Filter>-->
</CustomObjectInstanceQuery>
</NikuDataBus>

The result is:

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_customObjectInstance.xsd">
<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="customObjectInstance" version="15.3.0.200" />
<customObjectInstances objectCode="charge_code_parents"></customObjectInstances>
<XOGOutput>
<Object type="customObjectInstances" />
<Status state="FAILURE" />
<Statistics insertedRecords="0" failureRecords="0" totalNumberOfRecords="0" updatedRecords="0" />
<Records>
<Record>
<KeyInformation>
<column name="objectCode">charge_code_parents</column>
<column name="instanceCode" />
</KeyInformation>
<ErrorInformation>
<Severity>FATAL</Severity>
<Description>Custom Object Instance Export Failed</Description>
<Exception><![CDATA[SQL Exception with error code : 936]]></Exception>
</ErrorInformation>
</Record>