Clarity

• 1.  HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 05, 2018 01:32 PM

Hi there, 

Is any change to apply 1 single home page to multiple users, we have a small group of team members and we like to customize the same home for all the users in that group, its posible?

I have no problem manually re create the page for 3 users, but if I have 20?

Cheers!

Pablo

• 2.  Re: HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 05, 2018 06:13 PM

Hi Pablo,

Are you asking about personalizing the Home page in Classic CA PPM? Here's some information that you might find useful:

Personalize CA PPM - CA PPM - 15.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Personalize CA PPM - CA PPM SaaS - 15.4 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks, Sarmistha

• 3.  Re: HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 06, 2018 09:01 AM

Yes, I understand this configuration, what a want is the same page like "general" configure only once, and apply that for other in a automatic way, you know in the user page while creating you have an option to set home page or timesheet, something like that.

We configure one general page with portlet, we like to replicate the same page for 20 user, and dont go user by user to set it up....do I explain myself?

Cheers!

Pablo

• 4.  Re: HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 06, 2018 04:18 AM

You don't necessarily need to configure the existing home page (i.e. the "Overview" page) you could just setup a new portlet page for your users, stick it on the menu and ask them to navigate to it and "Set as Home" (or if you were confident, just update the relevant CMN_SEC_USERS.HOME_URL to reference it).

• 5.  Re: HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 06, 2018 09:06 AM

We are on SaaS, so i not able to edit those files...

David, on the other way...the portlet page...is a nice workaround, sometime we stick to the same idea...I will work on that with my client and see how it works...let you know next week

Cheers.

Pablo

• 6.  Re: HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 06, 2018 09:28 AM

Incidentally, we can update CMN_SEC_USERS.HOME_URL via XOG (so supported on SaaS), its the homeUrl tag in the USERS / Personal Information section (ref "cmn_users_write.xml"). 

• 7.  Re: HOW to apply same home page to multiple users

Posted Apr 09, 2018 03:11 AM

Hello,

If you want to apply the change for more number of people, hope the xog helps.

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_user.xsd">
    <Header version="6010" action="write" objectType="user" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL"/>
    <Users>
    <User userLanguage="English" userStatus="Active" userName="xoguser90" userType="Internal" externalId="2323">
    <PersonalInformation lastName="xoglastname90" firstName="xogfirstname90" emailAddress="xog1@niku.com" homeUrl="personal.settings"/>
    <Resource resourceId="xoguser90"/>
    </User>
    </Users>
    </NikuDataBus>

if you want exact change or text needed to use in xog, then xogout the value of current new changed user and use the same tag to all required users.