IT Process Automation

• 1.  How to view back end of the process flow when it is running

Posted Apr 06, 2018 08:56 AM

Hi, 

Wanted to know if there any way to view the process flow from back end when it is started.

Regards,

Naveen

• 2.  Re: How to view back end of the process flow when it is running

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2018 09:15 AM

Naveen,

From CA Process Automation there are two ways you can view a running process. 

1. When you start a process instance within the UI manually, you are prompted with a pop up asking if you want to monitor the process

2. Navigate to the Operations tab and locate the running instance that you would like to view and double click on that instance

If there is a specific set of processes that you want to watch and you have several hundred different processes that could be running at the same time, you can setup a Process Watch object to make finding the instances that you need to review much simpler.

Please see the documentation regarding the Process Watch objects here:

Process Watch Objects - CA Process Automation - 04.3.02 - CA Technologies Documentation 

~Jennifer

• 3.  Re: How to view back end of the process flow when it is running

Posted Apr 10, 2018 12:06 AM

Thank you Jennifer for the reply, but i would like to view back end processes of each and every operator in the flow. 

Suppose, i design a sample flow which should ping a particular server, and for that i use " Ping Host " operator. The " Ping Host " operator have options "Remote HostName" and "Local IP Address" and if i had provided the host name of the server at "Remote HostName" it will look in the " ITPAM  server " weather host name is resolving in dns or not and if the host name resolves in dns it would proceed to proceed to ping the host and provides the output when flow completes. 

The whole process runs at the back ground for the operator, Is there any way which i will be able to view it.

Regards,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: How to view back end of the process flow when it is running

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 08:08 AM

Hi Naveen,

The two ways Jenn provided are the ways to monitor the instance in the ways you specified.  You can use either of the ways Jenn mentioned to view each operator run.  While viewing the instance, each operator will turn purple while its running and will switch to red or green depending on the status once it completes or fails.  Once each operator completes or fails you can click on each operator to view the operation results.

I hope this helps answer your question.  If we are still missing a piece in what you are looking for please open a case with support and we can look at this further.  Thank you.