Service Virtualization

• 1.  Selection logic for setting a response based on comparing 1 parameter from a big request

Posted Apr 06, 2018 05:01 PM

Hi,

Can someone help me with below scenario please!!

-->Actual request has 50 parameters.

-->Based on value of one specific parameter (subscriberName) in the request i have to set response to Route.if the value is something else , set response to 404.

Psudo : if (subscriberName == XYZ)

Set route

Else set 404

current implementation i used : 

-->Used match style as : operation 

-->configured the subscriberName value to a specific value using "=" operand in the request and set response as Route and set 404 in the Meta (if match is not equal).

--->Problem with this implementation: What ever the value of subscriberName  is, it is always sending response as route(even when subscriberName  is not equal to what is configued.so am never getting 404 in the response.)

• 2.  Re: Selection logic for setting a response based on comparing 1 parameter from a big request

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2018 05:11 PM

The match would always return route as the specific transaction has match style as Operation.

If you need to match only on one argument - use the RequestDataManager DPH to keep the subscriberName

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-3/en/using/using-ca-service-virtualization/using-devtest-workstation-with-ca-service-virtualization/creating-service-images/using-data-protocols/request-data-manager-data-protocol

The default match style should work in your case with the specific transactions - subscriberName set to match to XYZ returning Route & the Meta transaction returning 404.

• 3.  Re: Selection logic for setting a response based on comparing 1 parameter from a big request

Posted Apr 06, 2018 05:29 PM

Thanks Prem.

But can we use your approach for XML and JSON requests?

I see you suggestion is for JMS "If you need to match only on one argument - use the RequestDataManager DPH to keep the subscriberName" ....

Just curious to understand!

• 4.  Re: Selection logic for setting a response based on comparing 1 parameter from a big request
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2018 06:16 PM

RequestDataManager dph is a secondary dph which needs to be added after your current dph.

it works on the arguments/attributes/metadata or operation name. It is independent of payload or transport protocol