Clarity

• 1.  Earned Value not being updated

Posted Apr 08, 2018 11:28 AM

I have a project which is already base lined.For some reason the Earned value (BCWP) is not getting update. I also see that in the table prj_ev_history, the ITD_BCWP values is not getting updated. It shows 0.

The EV calculation method is Percentage competition and % Complete Calculation is set to Manual.

I ran the following jobs as well,

1) Update Earned Value and Cost Totals
    2) Update Earned Value History

Still no luck. 

I am missing something. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,

Aleem

• 2.  Re: Earned Value not being updated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2018 09:53 PM

Hi Aleem,

I think Earned Value Management (EVM) requires following components.

Did you setup them?

- Entity

- Datamart

- Entity Fiscal Time Periods

- Rate Matrix

- Earned Value Reporting Period

And you will need to set "Labor Transaction Matrix" in Project/Properties/Settings.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Earned Value not being updated

Posted Apr 09, 2018 01:18 AM

I would like to know one thing. As you are saying that the project is created and also baseline has been done already, so could you please confirm if any of these steps are done by XOG? I meant was either of the project or the baseline(s) were created using XOG?

Also, please let me know if you have tried using the action "Update Baseline" for the affected baseline. If not, please try the same and see if the problem Earned Value gets updated or not.

Hope that helps. Thanks. 

• 4.  Re: Earned Value not being updated

Posted Apr 09, 2018 01:20 AM

Hi AEC-CA ,

Can you execute "Rate Matrix" Job and try EV Job again?

Regards

Shubham

• 5.  Re: Earned Value not being updated
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2018 03:00 AM

Sorry guys, my bad. I totally forgot that the %complete should be entered at the tasks level. Earned value is the sum of BCWP for all WBS Level 1 tasks in the project.

I was actually updating the %complete at project level and running the earned value jobs. 

My issue is fixed.

• 6.  RE: Earned Value not being updated

Posted Oct 21, 2019 10:18 AM
    @CA AEC

I think you have implemented clarity EVM. I am also doing the same but could you please me on 

How 'Update Earned Value History' updates table prj_ev_history. I would like to know how this job calculates period wise (time sliced data)data for AWCP, BCWP and BCWS. Could you please explain this to me? Suppose i have selected earned value period is Annually and project is running from 2014 to 2021 then how this job calculates the period wise value from 2014 to 2021?