Release Automation

• 1.  Long time to apply security changes

Posted Apr 09, 2018 09:58 AM

Ever since we've used RA, I've noticed that it takes a long (4-5 minutes) time to apply security changes in ASAP (Administration --> Permissions).  It was not a big deal until now, when we are dynamically provisioning environments, and we need to include the assignment of permissions as part of our process.  Even using the API, the call takes several minutes to complete.  

Can anyone explain why permission changes take so long?  Is there a way to make these changes more immediate?

• 2.  Re: Long time to apply security changes
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 01:01 AM

Hello Timothy,

To my best knowledge the time taken to commit necessary changes related to permission is proportionate to the number of applications, process hierarchy and number of components.

There is some improvement executing via API over to ASAP studio, but as you mentioned the result in your environment is overall same, I believe the delay in your environment is may be due to size and depth of tables in DB.

I would request if you can open a ticket for same because than we can investigate the cause and may suggest some improvements like indexing, purging or trimming the historical data in some of the tables impacting performance.

I would request while opening case please share the result of tables from RA database along with nolio_dm_all.log (with one recreation. Also mention user used to save the permission)

1. acl_entry
    2. acl_object_identity
    3. acl_class
    4. acl_sid

Regards,

Saurabh

• 3.  Re: Long time to apply security changes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2018 09:57 PM

Hi Timothy ( tdallmann),

Did Saurabh's reply answer your question? If it did, please click "Mark Correct".

If you need, you can open a support case and try to purge old records. However, I don't know if it will be effective.

If you want to fix performance issue, I recommend to involve CA Services to handle your requirement.

Thanks

Yas

• 4.  Re: Long time to apply security changes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2018 10:16 PM

I marked Saurabh's answer because of no responses. If need, please open new thread or support case.

Thanks

Yas