Here is a reference to the customization that I have been using:
This customization was working perfectly in version 12.6 and even when we were in the process of testing in our 14.1 DEV and QC environments, but as soon as we went live with 14.1 in PROD, we get a delayed server response error.
We then noticed the same behaviour in our DEV and QC environments as well (which was very odd considering the amount of testing that was done before going live). Also this error doesn't occur all the time which is frustrating. 8 out of 10 times it works perfectly fine, and it only seems to error when typing in a partial name and the clicking on the customer from the auto-suggest list.
If anyone has run into this issue and has a solution that would be perfect, or if anyone has some suggestions I could try that would be awesome too