Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Oauth toolkit installtion cannot connect to DB

Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:12 AM

Hi Team,

I am installing oauth toolkit.when connecting to the database i am getting error (access deinied).I have tried the same in in vmware version of gateway,I have configured it successfully.Now I am using CA AMI appliance and using AWS RDS.when creating JDBC connection i am getting the issue acc deniedess.Can someone guide me were i am going wrong.Attched the images.

mysql> CREATE DATABASE otk_db; mysql> GRANT SELECT,UPDATE,DELETE,INSERT ON otk_db.* TO 'otk'@'hostname.aws.com' identified by '<db_user_password>'; mysql> flush privileges; mysql> exit;

• 2.  Re: Oauth toolkit installtion cannot connect to DB

Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:34 AM

Have you made sure the hostname given in the grant privileges command in mysql is the same used in the JDBC connection URL in policy manager?

• 3.  Re: Oauth toolkit installtion cannot connect to DB

Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:43 AM

Yes,

The hostname in JDBC connection url and grant privileges command both are same.

• 4.  Re: Oauth toolkit installtion cannot connect to DB

Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:54 AM

Can you see the otk user in mysql db?

use mysql;

select * from user where User='otk';

• 5.  Re: Oauth toolkit installtion cannot connect to DB
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 04:28 PM

Is your exact user @ hostname configured correctly in the database? In that maybe the hostname and user trying to access the DB isn't the same hostname/user that you set permissions for? Or maybe you have password mismatch between application and the DB.

• 6.  Re: Oauth toolkit installtion cannot connect to DB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 05:35 AM

thanks this was very helpful i faced the same issue and followed your notes it works now