DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

In the CA App Synthetic Monitor - Export logs, is there an option or configuration setting that can be set to filter out specific context/errors before it exports out to the log?

• 1.  In the CA App Synthetic Monitor - Export logs, is there an option or configuration setting that can be set to filter out specific context/errors before it exports out to the log?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 05:55 PM

It is just that when we export the log for a monitor for example, we see a lot of generated entries/noise of ‘Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds (Timeout was reached)’  in the log. It would be convenient if there is an option or configuration setting that we can set to filter out these specific context and filter on specific context (i.e. Bad Gateway, Recv failure: Connection reset by peer) before it gets exported out to the log. But we do not see any option/features to do a filter on exported logs.

• 2.  Re: In the CA App Synthetic Monitor - Export logs, is there an option or configuration setting that can be set to filter out specific context/errors before it exports out to the log?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 01:12 AM

Hi Vincent,

I don't believe there is an Export logs filter option currently available.

May I suggest you create an Idea on the Community to request this feature be added and also other users may then vote on it.

Just use the Pen icon on top right to get the drop-down menu where Idea is at the bottom.

Thanks

Lynn