Symantec IGA

• 1.  Facing issue with office 365 endpoint configuration with CAIM

Posted Apr 11, 2018 02:10 AM

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate office 365 endpoint in CAIM and for prerequisite i had installed Power shell and Azule module. and able to hit the below command from CAIM server:

Import-Module MsOnline

$UserCredential = Get-Credential

Connect-MsolService -Credential $UserCredential

$session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://ps.outlook.com/powershell/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection -SessionOption (New-PSSessionOption -IdleTimeOut 60000)

Import-PSSession $session

get-rolegroup | format-list 

I have imported the role definition from management console.

After this i am trying to create a Endpoint in CAIM but getting below error:

Endpoint 'Office365_Test' creation failed: Connector Server Add failed: code 80 (OTHER-NamingException): failed to add entry eTDYNDirectoryName=Office365_Test,eTNamespaceName=Office 365,dc=im,dc=etasa: javax.naming.NamingException: Failed to activate the connector [Office365_Test]: Failed to borrow connection object with connection key [adm-120000235@smflcapital.onmicrosoft.com]: Failed to borrow connection object with connection key [adm-120000235@smflcapital.onmicrosoft.com]: Failed to borrow connection object with connection key [adm-120000235@smflcapital.onmicrosoft.com]: ... (ldaps://cpyqwidm03.blue.smflc.co.jp:20411)

does anyone havev seen this kind of issue, i am new to CAIM, any help or pointers are appreciated.

Regards,

Rajesh  

• 2.  Re: Facing issue with office 365 endpoint configuration with CAIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 09:48 AM

Hello Rajesh,

What version of CAIM are you currently using?

Can you verify the connection to office 365 works outside of IDM?     You can use Telnet to test this:

Which should take you to a blank page which would be waiting for further commands.  If it fails it will error, here I have used the incorrect Port:

• 3.  Re: Facing issue with office 365 endpoint configuration with CAIM

Posted Apr 11, 2018 10:35 PM

Dear Michael,

We are using CAIM 14.0 version and we are able to access outlook.office365.com outside IDM.

I am not sure, do we need to make any changes in Connector Server ?

Regards,

Rajesh 

• 4.  Re: Facing issue with office 365 endpoint configuration with CAIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 03:51 PM

Does 'Outside IDM' mean the telnet from the connector server works? 

If you are testing with a browser connection I believe that uses a different Port.  

• 5.  Re: Facing issue with office 365 endpoint configuration with CAIM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 10:22 AM

Hi,

I have seen this error in the past due to issue with O365 credentials.

Please also check out this Cannot Acquire office 365 endpoint - CA Knowledge 

Maybe this helps.

Otherwise, what else do you provisioning server etatrans or IAM Connector server logs say?

• 6.  Re: Facing issue with office 365 endpoint configuration with CAIM

Posted Jun 27, 2018 05:08 AM

I was facing similar issues. I needed to follow this kb, after checking the other suggestions in this thread.:

Prerequisites for acquiring SDK DYN endpoint - CA Knowledge 

Hope this helps.