CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

• 1.  ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 11, 2018 12:55 PM

Greetings!

I am attempting to have a required radio button automatically selected once another option is clicked. When testing, using ca_fdSelectRadio does show the button as selected. However, when you go to submit the form, the red required box appears around the programmatically selected radio button stating that it is a required field, even though visually the button IS selected. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks much for any info you can provide!

• 2.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2018 05:56 PM

Hey James,

I just ran a quick test on 14.1.04.1 which worked as expected however noticed the same behavior you mentioned on 17.1.

If you are on 17.1 I would recommend raise a Support case for further review.

Thanks,
    Jason

• 3.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:04 PM

I have already opened a defect for this one.

- required radio button not detected when selected programmatically – DE40222

• 4.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:06 PM

But in the meantime, if the radio button is used in a informational fashion and is only selectable via code (i.e: the user cannot change the radio value manually), the mandatory attribute is not necessary

• 5.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:13 PM

Thank you both very much!

Unfortunately the radio button is mandatory. The goal I am trying to achieve is to be able to pre-fill a form if a previous submission was declined, making life for our users a little easier. I created a checkbox that only appears if the appropriate information is in the URL (which is built and emailed upon a form being declined in the PAM process). That checkbox is a "Pre-fill form" checkbox and when clicked, takes all of the form data submitted in the URL and fills out the form with the same information as the previous submission.

This was the only way I could find to achieve what I was looking for. The onLoad doesn't work perfectly as there are pieces of the form hidden and only visible when certain selections are made. When I attempted to fill them out programmatically, it hit a certain part of the form and stopped. I believe there is more happening after the onLoad event triggers, which should not be the case. However, when I made a checkbox, the form has a chance to fully load before the checkbox appears, solving my issue.

-EDIT-

Will there be a hotfix available? I know our agency pays for support and our main admin was going to be submitting a request, but we were beaten to the punch.

• 6.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:20 PM

The fix is supposed to be included in rollup pacth coming out end of May.

• 7.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:18 PM

We had to use setTimeout(xxxx,500ms) here for all of our onLoad code.

Catalog 17.1 was not dealing well with onLoad code

But just for my personnal understanding. Why is it that you do not use the re-submission functionnality of Catalog?

When a request is rejected it goes to "Not Submitted - Rejected". The requestor is then able to edit it and resubmit it.

• 8.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:30 PM

I had tried setTimeout but was unable to get it to work properly.

As for the re-submission, I started in this new position a little over a month ago and have not learned all the ins and outs of the CA suite. I am pressed for time and attempted to solve the issue in the best manner I could find. I'll have to look into the re-submission functionality and see if that will work for our purposes.

Thank you much for all of the information!

• 9.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:34 PM

This is completely built-in.

Reject a request and it should go to "Not Submitted - Rejected". It will then appear the "Submit" button at the top right.

• 10.  Re: ca_fdSelectRadio button still showing as required

Posted Apr 17, 2018 01:27 PM

Dirty hack to get you up and running :

$("input[_id='rb_id']").click();