Test Data Manager

• 1.  Can I copy to GTSubset (from DataMaker) relationships from other databases?

Posted Apr 11, 2018 04:53 PM

When I try to copy relationships from DataMaker to GtSubset, it doesn't recognize if the relationship is not from the database that is currently connected. GTSubset just mantains the schema, causing an error when I try to make the row count.

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

• 2.  Re: Can I copy to GTSubset (from DataMaker) relationships from other databases?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 05:14 PM

Gustavo,

You would have to first connect to the same database in subset before copying over the relationships. If you are trying to copy over relationships from a database which is different from the one you are connected to it is not going to work.

• 3.  Re: Can I copy to GTSubset (from DataMaker) relationships from other databases?

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:27 AM

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the reply!

I tried this approach, however, as the relationships are between databases, if I select one database e copy the relationships, it keeps just the "schema.table", causing an error of table not found

If I add manually a link selecting the other database, it shows the "database.schema.table".

There's an example below:

The child tables are the same, but the first one I've copied from DataMaker, showing just the schema. (error)

The second table I've added manually, showing the schema and database as well. (works)

Best regards.

• 4.  Re: Can I copy to GTSubset (from DataMaker) relationships from other databases?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 12:39 PM

I believe the database names are not being copied over from datamaker and its only the schema and table names. It would be better to raise a support ticket to see exactly how the copy relationships was designed and maybe fix as needed.