AnsweredAssumed Answered

Limiting Operations Tab content to specific Process Watcher with EEM policies

Question asked by JonBurgin on Apr 12, 2018
Latest reply on Apr 23, 2018 by MWNiebuhr

Hello,

PAM v 4.2 and EEM v 12.5.1

I'm trying to create a set of EEM Policies allowing a user to access a specific Process Watcher via the operations tab but not access the default Process Instances view that shows all running & completed processes.

(Alternatively if there is a way to use EEM to filter what the user can see on the Process Instances view that would work but I don't believe there is).

Garrr  - EEM Policies! I can't get it to work, I can only seem to get all or nothing.

I am copying the default PAM 40 Operations Policy. See screenshot for example.

If I set up the policy as above, adding the process watcher as a resource, the Operations tab is not visible at all.

If I remove the specific resource so it shows the default [all resources] I get access to the operations tab and everything in it. I know that I can remove access to tasks, resources etc in the Operations tab by un-ticking the Action options but I cannot find a way of specifying a specific Resource and still having access to the Operations Tab.

Another point that makes it hard to diagnose and test is the Sync between me changing a EEM policy and it actually applying when I log in is incredibly long (I think around 15 mins), which makes it very difficult to debug.

If anyone knows how to improve this can you let me know?

Cheers 

Outcomes