Test Data Manager

• 1.  TDM Portal Performance

Posted Apr 12, 2018 03:54 PM

Hello,

The TDM Portal(v 4.2) is acting very slow especially when a request has submitted through portal tile.I have tried to reboot the server and its not at all useful.Is there any services that i need to install to make it better in performance?

or any alternative for this?

Thanks,

Arun

• 2.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 04:41 PM

Has the speed of Portal reduced recently or has it always been the same? Also are you experiencing this issue when you use any tile or only a particular tile? If you can provide more details on the issue it will be really helpful.

• 3.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Posted Apr 18, 2018 01:15 PM

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the tool that already installed by another TDE.When i start working on it,i found it is slow and i am not sure how it was previously.

This is happening for every tile in the Portal.

• 4.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 10:18 AM

Are you accessing the Portal directly on TDM server or from your client machine? Which browser are you using to access the Portal?

• 5.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Posted Apr 20, 2018 01:41 PM

Yes i am acceesing it on server through Chrome Browser.

• 6.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 24, 2018 03:14 PM

Hi Arun,

If you have procmon, would you be able to provide some statistics, or on Chrome take a heap snapshot?

• 7.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Posted Apr 25, 2018 03:24 PM

Hi Ryan,

I am unable to do that now ,anyways we have a plan to upgrade the version .I will check the performance after that and will let you know my issues.

• 8.  Re: TDM Portal Performance

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:15 PM

Hi Arun,

Any additional input that could be shared to the post?

As Anil_Kumar_Appukuttan had asked, has anything changed recently, or always been the case?

• 9.  Re: TDM Portal Performance
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2018 08:23 PM

Arun,

With the information we have so far, the only recommendations that we can really make would be:

1. Upgrade to 4.5 - this is the latest release and includes many fixes (and new functionality)
    2. Ensure your system meets our documented requirements.
    3. Increase both the initial and max java heap size for the portal process. Instructions can be found here:
      Increasing CA TDM Portal JVM memory - CA Knowledge 
    4. If the TDM server is VM, you may want to discuss with your VM admin to increase shares of CPU/memory for this host. This doesn't change the resource allocation (16 gigs is still 16 gigs & 4 CPUs is still 4 CPUs), but it does give the VM in question priority over other VMs with a lower number of shares.
    5. If you see that the system is bottlenecked on a specific resource (total CPU utilization at 100% or memory extremely high), request an increase in resources accordingly.

Our minimum requirements for a TDM Server is 16 gigs of RAM and 4 CPU cores. It's possible that if you have too much load on the system in general, you many need to increase the specs of the system accordingly - our high volume recommendations would be 32 gigs of ram and 8 CPU cores.

Assuming that you have at least the minimum requirements, if there is available memory on the system, and if the job is memory intensive, Portal can benefit greatly from an increased heap size per the above document.