Rally Software

• 1.  Cannot Copy the Fields from Servicenow to Rally via REST

Posted Apr 12, 2018 07:50 AM

Hi All,

Thank you for assistance for my previous Post.  I am back with one more issue i am facing now.

I have successfully managed to trigger the Transaction from ServiceNow to Rally using REST POST Method.. I can able to fetch/copy the short description from the Servicenow to rally as it is, but i am not able to get the Caller Name to the Name field in Rally. In Rally it takes some random alphanumerics seems like a sys_id. How to i get this fixed. Also How do i set the values in Rally Defects like priority and other fields whenever there is a transaction happen from servicenow.

Thank you in Advance

Regards,

Shashikant

• 2.  Re: Cannot Copy the Fields from Servicenow to Rally via REST
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:44 AM

Shashikant,

I am not sure what you mean by, "In Rally it takes some random alphanumerics seems like a sys_id." for the Name Field of a Defect.  In Agile Central the Name Field is a String type and you should be able to put what ever you would like in it.

As far as setting the dropdown list values, you will just need to include a valid dropdown list name and selection in your POST.  For example:

{ "Defect": { "Name": "From Postman", "Environment": "Test", "Priority": "Normal" }}

Results in:

Postman create.

Michael

• 3.  Re: Cannot Copy the Fields from Servicenow to Rally via REST

Posted Apr 12, 2018 09:12 AM

Hey Michael,

Thanks for your quick response.

What i want to achieve is not to put the dynamic values like "Name" : "Postman" .... etc. instead i am trying to copy the Name from my servicenow table. i am attaching one screenshot, plz check it, it will give you a clear picture.

Here if you see, the Short Description is copied exactly the same to the Rally Defects Description Field. But when you see the Name in Rally its some random alphanumeric values, its not the value as there in servicenow caller field.

• 4.  Re: Cannot Copy the Fields from Servicenow to Rally via REST

Posted Apr 12, 2018 09:16 AM

Ah, OK.  Then, my guess is whatever call you do to ServiceNow returns that ID.  I have no idea about ServiceNow, but if it is anything like Agile Central, then perhaps you need something like: Caller.DisplayName to pull the field as it shows in ServiceNow?

• 5.  Re: Cannot Copy the Fields from Servicenow to Rally via REST

Posted Apr 12, 2018 09:35 AM

Yes, i am trying to get the display value.

Thanks Michael for your help and i am very glad that you are responding in no time.

• 6.  Re: Cannot Copy the Fields from Servicenow to Rally via REST

Posted Apr 12, 2018 10:46 AM

You're welcome!  I will only be able to help with the Agile Central side as I am not at all familiar with ServiceNow.  So, hopefully you will be able to find out what the right call is to get what you want from ServiceNow.