Rally Software

• 1.  I would like to show User Stories and Defects, that have all tasks completed, except some tasks.

Posted Apr 12, 2018 08:12 AM

I am able to display User Stories, and Defects that contain tasks assigned to me. But sometimes I need to wait for some other tasks to be finished.

How do I filter out US and DE that have all but some tasks completed?

Thanks 

• 2.  Re: I would like to show User Stories and Defects, that have all tasks completed, except some tasks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2018 05:30 PM

Hi.

I am uncertain I understand exactly what you're asking. I'm unsure if you're asking how to see only the tasks you're assigned to which are waiting on other tasks, or perhaps not waiting on other tasks. If you can elaborate on that, it'll help us.

With that said, I'd like to point out the app called: "My Test Cases" , you can find it in the App Catalog. In that app you can see the tasks assigned to you, the Work Product (US or DE) it belongs to. You can also further filter based on defect status, based on specific work products.

Hopefully you can find a way to get what you're asking within this app. If not, please reply to us and elaborate a little bit more on what you're trying to do, perhaps include one/two screen shots showing your current results so that we better understand what's not achieved. 

If you wanted to give this app a try, you can find it in App Catalog, simply search "My Test Cases", then click Add and it'll add it to your dashboard:

In this screen shot I'm including a filter based on 'Defect Status'. Again, I'm uncertain it's relevant for your question, hopefully it is, try to explore it a little bit more and let us know.

Thanks,

Sagi

• 3.  Re: I would like to show User Stories and Defects, that have all tasks completed, except some tasks.

Posted Apr 16, 2018 01:50 AM

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Untill now I wasn't using Test Cases. I used to add just a task named "testing" without splitting it into what exactly will be tested step by step.

So under US, there are some tasks, let's call them 'development tasks' and another task which name is 'test'.

I would like to see in my Kanban or other similar app, all US, and DE, that are ready for testing, that is, that have a task status of 'completed'. 

What's the best way to approach it?

• 4.  Re: I would like to show User Stories and Defects, that have all tasks completed, except some tasks.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:19 PM

Hi. Thanks for clarifying. 

One way you can do this is by using the page at: Track -> Tasks and create a view.

That view should filter out these tasks which you need. Then, you shall see the tasks along with their user stories.

What I did here below in these two screen shots is I decided to use the Tags for these special tasks you call: "ReadyToTest". I associated this tag with these tasks. Then, I created a view that will show all tasks that have this tag only if they are 'completed'. The second screen shot shows you the result which is two user stories that have these tasks being 'completed'. I have other user stories with this task but since it's not completed it's not in that view, so essentially this view only shows what is actually ready for test.

From what you said it sounds like you didn't use Tags but use same task name under all these user stories. In that case you can create the view based on task's name and 'completed' state. Personally I prefer to use the Tags for this marking of these tasks rather than the Name, because it makes it easier for you to tag additional tasks or un-tag at any point, while if you are using the Name then you need to actually rename the task. Nevertheless, both should technically work.

Please let us know if that helps you achieve what you needed.

Thanks,

Sagi