Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Unix: Guide to run an Unix agent without root permission

Posted Feb 08, 2013 09:35 AM
      |   view attached
    A customer with strict security policies forced me to to have a deeper look which files permission are really required to run an Unix agent without being root. The document tries to cover as many usage scenarios as possible, Please drop me a line if I missed one.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Unix: Guide to run an Unix agent without root permission

Posted Dec 05, 2013 09:57 AM

Thanks for the helpful information.

I'm just going to replace all agents from version 8.00A to V9.00A. Here some ambiguities or errors have been detected. The documentation is unfortunately not look like much...

Are there comparable information and instructions for installing SAP agents and above all to SMGR, which must also run under the user ROOT in the V9.00A?

The SMGR recognizes at startup on AIX various shared libraries not because the binary UCYSMGR only looks in the current directory but not in AIX default directories.

For security reasons, the environment variable LIBPATH is not evaluated at startup on AIX with a set S bit. Because in smgr binary only the dot (.) - the current directory - lib search path is compiled, it will search in the current directory.

For Java SAP agent, it looks like this: If the SMGR is started by owner "ROOT" and the S-bit is set, the SAP Agent does not find his own  "sapjco3". But the SAPJCO3 is in the same path as the jar file.

BG
    Manfred Moeller

• 3.  Unix: Guide to run an Unix agent without root permission

Posted Jan 25, 2016 03:18 PM
    Great info.  For V11 I assume you would also need to set ANONYMOUS_FE also to Y??