Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

UI Timing out after short period of inactivity

• 1.  UI Timing out after short period of inactivity

Posted Feb 28, 2013 01:53 PM
    I noticed that my UI would timeout and require re-connection after a period of inactivity. (I like to leave my UI open all the time) To resolve the issue I added the following line to the uc4config.xml:
    <active>2</active_keepalive> Definition: <active>time frame</active_keepalive> Time in minutes in which the UserInterface sends messages to the Automation Engine in order to keep the connection. This parameter does not depend on <tcpip>. The setting <tpcip> activates and keeps the connection on socket level which means that the time interval of keep-alive packages cannot be influenced. <active> addresses the program level. </code></pre> So now the uc4config.xml looks like:
    <paths>      <docu type="hh">../../docu</docu>                  <logging count="10">../temp/UCDJ_LOG_##.TXT</logging>      <trace count="10" ra="0" tcp="0" xml="0">../temp/UCDJ_TRC_##.TXT</trace>      <tcpip>1</tcpip_keepalive>      <active>2</active_keepalive>      <tcp>1</tcp_nodelay>      <sendbuffersize>1048576</sendbuffersize>      <recvbuffersize>1048576</recvbuffersize> </tcp></active></tcpip></paths>
    </active></tpcip></tcpip></active></active>

• 2.  UI Timing out after short period of inactivity

Posted Oct 15, 2014 01:00 PM
    Just used this, thanks JG!