Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Technical WhitePaper - Creating Reports using the UC4.DB Reporting Tool Utility

Posted Apr 08, 2013 04:42 PM
      |   view attached
    Whitepaper providing details on creating reports using the DB.Reporting Tool Utility

• 2.  Technical WhitePaper - Creating Reports using the UC4.DB Reporting Tool Utility

Posted Apr 28, 2014 07:57 AM

Hello Jennifer,

I was trying to create reports using uC4 reporting tool and was wondering if we can place a filter to see the latest run of the objects in report. For example i have  a workflow which runs twice in a day but i just want to see the latest run for objects in that workflow, how we can do that using this tool. Any pointer will be great help.

Thanks,

Sandeep

• 3.  Technical WhitePaper - Creating Reports using the UC4.DB Reporting Tool Utility

Posted Dec 10, 2014 04:29 PM
    It would be something to filter after pulling the initial report. Running very specific filters on the Production database can consume a lot of resources, so pulling a set of data out and then running specific filters on the data set would be the best solution.

• 4.  Technical WhitePaper - Creating Reports using the UC4.DB Reporting Tool Utility

Posted Dec 16, 2014 01:58 PM
    (AE) Using the GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL script function will provide only the latest statistical record

• 5.  Technical WhitePaper - Creating Reports using the UC4.DB Reporting Tool Utility

Posted Dec 16, 2014 02:10 PM
    Jesse:

You can include a RunId with the GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL function; the trick is knowing a previous execution's number.

We have sometimes kept a Variable object with the last n executions of a task.  The task updates the variable with its RunId so subsequent GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL functions can process the variable to get the number(s) in question.  

It would sure be nice it there was a AE function that provided a list of RunIds, something like a PREP_PROCESS_STATSTICS that could be executed to return the available statistical records.

• 6.  Technical WhitePaper - Creating Reports using the UC4.DB Reporting Tool Utility

Posted Dec 19, 2014 01:12 PM

Mark:
    I agree, that would be extremely helpful to have a function like a PREP_PROCESS_STATISTICS!
    That got me thinking, so what I did was use the ucybdbrt reporting utility to extract the object RunID’s, then read the file with PREP_PROCESS_FILE using GET_PROCESS_LINE. Then, GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL to get the info needed.