Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Technical WhitePaper - Database Maintenance using Automic Utilities

Posted Apr 30, 2013 05:00 PM
      |   view attached
    Technical WhitePaper describing Database Maintenance using the Automic Utilities. Archive, Reorg, and Unload

Attachment(s)

pdf
    WP-Database Maintenance.pdf   407 KB 1 version

• 2.  Technical WhitePaper - Database Maintenance using Automic Utilities

Posted May 02, 2013 12:59 AM
    Great write-up especially regarding the purposes and use of the GUIs. For the Run Book (batch) method there is additional configuration that is needed: - Setting the UC_UTILITY_ARCHIVE and UC_UTILITY_REORG Variable objects in each Client.  This can be done by saving settings from the GUI, copying from one client to another, or a combination of the two. - Creating User object that corresponds with the OS user account that the utilities run as in each Client.  That is, if the Job's Login is using the account uc4, then and User UC4/SOMETHING needs to be present in each client. Another alternative to using the PREP_PROCESS_VAR is using a Foreach Workflow to iterate through the "CLIENT" variable to run an instance of Archive and Reorg for each Client.  This can result in many more tasks being executed but also makes it easy to identify if there are any configurations, as stated above, missing in any particular client because that client(s) tasks will fail but does not prevent the maintenance completing for those clients that are configured properly.  The configurations can then be corrected prior to the next scheduled run of the maintenance.    

• 3.  Technical WhitePaper - Database Maintenance using Automic Utilities

Posted Oct 30, 2015 07:48 PM

Thanks for this, it's very helpful.

One thing though, could you please advise what is in the ":include" in the Archiving Process Tab?

• 4.  Technical WhitePaper - Database Maintenance using Automic Utilities

Posted Nov 13, 2015 05:24 PM
    Funny, I wrote the white paper and made the examples, but I don't remember what the :INC is for. The jobs I'm currently running in my Prod system don't have an :INC in them...