Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Is there a way to have new objects directly added to a user or groups favorites?

Posted May 28, 2013 01:46 PM

We have users that will only access ECC, they do not have the ability to add favorites directly.

As jobs and workflows are added to Application groups they also have to be added to favorites, is there a way to add folders so all objects under the Application folder gets added to ECC for that user or user group?

• 2.  Is there a way to have new objects directly added to a user or groups favorites?

Posted May 28, 2013 07:02 PM
    Hi Patrick. I built a slide for Innovate that I presented in Munich today. I will post tomorrow when I have my computer online. I found it confusing myself even though I drove some of the features ;). Ultimately the confusion stems from the fact that it is called 'Favorites' in the RichClient. It should be called 'Service Catalog'. When you log into the rich client you should automatically see two things under the Favorites folder. The user you are logged in as, and user groups configured in your system. You make items available to a user's service catalog as seen in the ECC by adding items to a group that user belongs to. Each user actually manages their own 'Favorites'. So where you see your user name, you can add what you will see as true favorites in the ECC under your user login. Most users, as well as yourself, will manage their favorites by right clicking on an item in their service catalog of the ECC and adding it to their favorites. Think of this as user settings. The admin configures what is seen in catalogs by group. The user configures their favorites. Make sense? The ppt might help. I'll post in the morning.

• 3.  Is there a way to have new objects directly added to a user or groups favorites?

Posted Jun 04, 2013 07:20 PM
    I do understand that the catalog and favorites are different, or the same ;).  It seems like a bit of a maintenance headache to have to remember to add each new object to a user groups catalog.  I was thinking  you should be able to link the usergroup to a folder and the catalog updated based on the folder contents.

• 4.  Is there a way to have new objects directly added to a user or groups favorites?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 06, 2013 01:21 PM
      |   view attached
    I think we need to make it more clear. Thanks for posting again, I nearly forgot to give you the slide. Good feedback btw. We will make sure we consider a tweak for the next release.

Attachment(s)

• 5.  Is there a way to have new objects directly added to a user or groups favorites?

Posted Nov 08, 2013 04:27 PM
      |   view attached

Yep. I agree. I forgot to post the slide for you. Here it is.

Can you start a seperate thread in the Product Ideas section on this. Other customers will see it and add to it. 

Provide support for links to a folder in the Service Catalog and Favorites so that updates to that folder happen automatically.

Attachment(s)