Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  FTP v3.0 Training

Posted Nov 18, 2013 05:17 PM

Hi Everyone,

In case you didn't get a chance to see it live, I found the training for the FTP v3.0 agent. The training was done on the release candidate; however, is still relevant.

Forgive the UC4 branding. 

FTP Agent 3.0 Release Candidate for Customers-20120802  2210-1
    Create time:
    8/2/12 3:10 pm
    File size:
    45.61MB
    Duration:
    52 minutes
    Description:
    Training on the UC4 Managed File Transfer solution and  the new FTP 3.0 Agent.

• 2.  FTP v3.0 Training

Posted Dec 06, 2013 03:22 AM

I think this webcast is quite good! It gives a good overview of the capabilities of the FTP agent. Can we get more of these online? 

• 3.  FTP v3.0 Training

Posted Dec 06, 2013 11:47 AM

Hi Jeroen,

What other areas are you interested in? The PM team plans to do training with each new release. For example their will be a JMS agent beta coming up if you are interested in that, let us know.

And we have started a Webcast series on Hadoop and Amazon automation.

We have a list of topics to cover and are open to feedback.

• 4.  FTP v3.0 Training

Posted Dec 09, 2013 10:24 AM

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your response. I watched the Hadoop session just today and liked it but it is not as applicable for me currently as the FTP solution was. As I am quite new to Automic, I think the more basic features might also be good to create a tutorial for. 

I found it quite hard to create a simple workflow and publish data from one step to another.  Also, the webservice RA agent might be interesting as well as an introduction to the script language. In the end I managed to get these to work but it might give other users an easier start than I had.  

As I am currently not working with JMX (or VMS for that matter), I don't think the beta is of any relevance at the moment. I am however very interested in all there is; maybe we can get a collection of links available at one of the pages of this community? 

Now I am going to look for the Hadoop templates that should be here somewhere ;-)

Jeroen