Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

• 1.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Feb 25, 2014 11:43 AM

I could successfully download the userinterface from automic download site.But after installation ,the UCDJ.EXE when ever invoked flashes for a while as though its opening and immediately vanishes.Just wondering where I went wrong.
    Below are the step by step instructions on download of user interface:
    1. From downloads site, selected the below filters:
         Automation Engine ----> 9.00A ----> User interface --->java
    There were two options for the 4th filter java/web ..Not sure which one to pick? I tried both .

2. Updated the uc4config.xml with the right connections.But we have an issue connecting to those ips..I have requested the helpdesk at our end to help us access those ips. Is this causing the issue?

3.We have java 6 on our machine.

Where can I download the installation guide to install the user interface on my machine. I could not figure out from the downloads site.Can you please send in the exact filters that I need to pick for user interface [automation engine V9, Sp8.0]

• 2.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 25, 2014 12:28 PM

The Login screen would still load even if there's a network issue. A Connection error message would appear when trying to connect. 

It sounds like a Java issue. 

From a command line, what does 'java -version' return?

Another thing you can try is to hard-code the path to javaw in the UCDJ.ini:

;command how to start the client 

cmd="<path to java home>/javaw" -Xmx1024m -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true com.uc4.ucdf.UCDialogFactory -U%User%

example:

;command how to start the client 

cmd="c:\program files\java\jdk1.6.0_45\bin\javaw" -Xmx1024m -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true com.uc4.ucdf.UCDialogFactory -U%User%

• 3.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Feb 25, 2014 01:23 PM

Thank You for looking into this issue. Looks like my Java has some issues.

C:\>java -version
    Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion'
    has value '1.6', but '1.3' is required.
    Error: could not find java.dll
    Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment.

I had few versions of java installed on my machine.I have disabled the other lower versions and I have only java 1.6 enabled.

The javaw.exe is located under C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin for Java 6.

I have updated the hard-coded path to javaw in the UCDJ.ini:

cmd="C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw" -Xmx1024m -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true com.uc4.ucdf.UCDialogFactory -U%User%

I could successfully open the GUI connection screen.

Since we don't have access to the IPs yet ,I could not connect to the servers.

Really appreciate your prompt response.

• 4.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Feb 25, 2014 01:26 PM

Where can I download the installation guide to install the user interface on my machine. I could not figure out from the downloads site.Can you please send in the exact filters that I need to pick for user interface [automation engine V9, Sp8.0]

• 5.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Feb 25, 2014 01:53 PM

The installation guide is part of the full documentation.

downloads.automic.com

Product: Automation Engine 

Version: 9.00A

Component: Docu

Download the latest version. Inside the zip, open the htmlhelp > english > uc4.chm, Navigate to the 'Installation Guide'

• 6.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Feb 25, 2014 03:12 PM

thank you.

• 7.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Feb 26, 2014 02:51 AM
    You're welcome. Happy to help. :smile:

• 8.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Mar 10, 2014 04:40 PM
    What is the difference between Operations Manager v9 and application manager V9? On what basis we need to pick ?

• 9.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Mar 11, 2014 07:06 AM

Hi, from time to time we are experiencing the same problem. It occurs with different Java versions. Mostly the UserInterface starts after a few retries. Every now and again we have to close other applications (especially the one that use Java) or kill javaw.exe via Task Manager to start the Interface.

• 10.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Mar 14, 2014 11:22 AM
    I am trying to install UC4 V9 user interface on my other machine . I could successfully install on windows xp but on windows 7  Iam having issues. When ever I double click on setup.exe executable file I receive an error "setup fatal error: unable to generate Installation log file".
    Could not trace this in installation guide.
    Where as I can open the startup window with login information by double clicking on ucdj.exe.

Not sure what this error means. Any suggestions?

• 11.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Mar 14, 2014 11:41 AM

May be this is due to the fact that I don't have admin rights..I will check.

• 12.  Installation issue with autoimation engine's [V9,Sp8.0] user interface

Posted Mar 14, 2014 12:55 PM
    By right clicking and running as adminstrator.I could launch the setup.Issue resolved.