Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  How to get the run ID of tasks activated in a workflow?

Posted May 28, 2014 12:28 PM

Hello,

In order to do some automated analysis/external reporting of our plans I need to read some information about various objects inside workflows that have already completed (start time, end time, etc).

I can get the runID of the most recent execution of the workflow but I'm stuck on how to read any of the tasks it activates. Actually, this is really simplifying things- in the end I'll need to go about 3 levels down (workflows activating workflows activating jobs). 

Anyone have experience coaxing this information out of UC4's statistics with scripting?

• 2.  How to get the run ID of tasks activated in a workflow?

Posted May 31, 2014 01:40 AM

Hi,

the activation report of the main workflow shows the run# of child tasks. Unfortunately only 1 level and not going down sub workflows.

8qefmnljfnms.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/93/8qefmnljfnms.png" width="929">

You only have to find a mechanism that goes down recursively in order to retrieve all relevant run numbers

• 3.  How to get the run ID of tasks activated in a workflow?

Posted Jun 03, 2014 05:34 AM

In order to dome some collecting of information via script you will find useful scriptig commands in the Scripting guide of the documentation - Activation Data

for V9 that would be

..and many more...

hope this helps.

Wolfgang