AnsweredAssumed Answered

Lag time Between Job Ending on Server and End time on Statistics

Question asked by Laura_Albrechto_270 on Jun 3, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 7, 2015 by Laura_Albrechto_270

Hi.  We are in the process of migrating to a new data center.  The UC4 application servers (AE's) and db are still located at the "old" data center.  There is about 40 miles between the 2 data centers.  However, we have many agents installed at the "new" data center as the migration occurs.

I've had a user inquire about differences they are seeing between the information in the job trailer & the statistics end time.  For example here's what I see on the details for the job:

Activation Time = 10:33:40pm

Start Time = 10:33:41pm

Post Processing Time = 10:44:40pm

End Time = 10:44:41pm

However, if I look at the job report, the trailer step shows that it ended at 10:44:23.

Can anyone explain and/or have any ideas on what the delay is between 10:44:23 and 10:44:40?  I realize that this is only 17 seconds.   :)  But the users are concerned and would like an explanation of the delay.

My initial thought was travel time between the 2 data centers, but I thought that there were other customers out there with much further distances between agents & AE's, etc.

I did check to see how many other processes were running on this server and it doesn't seem like a huge number, but I guess it's all relative - about 95 jobs in a 13 minute window.  However, wouldn't that delay/slow down the entire job, not just from when it ended to the start of the Post Process?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Laura Albrecht

Outcomes