Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  REPORTS

Posted Jul 25, 2014 07:27 PM

Hi All :)  I have been asked to provide some numbers on a daily/weekly/monthly basis with regard to the number of completed jobs, failed jobs, new jobs and information of completion time of a specific job. 

Does anyone currently run a report that is similar to gathering this type of data?

• 2.  REPORTS

Posted Jul 28, 2014 10:52 AM

We don't perform much beyond very basic reporting.  This is a combination of the UCYBDBRT utility and SQL against tables (mainly AH).  The reports are either written to files, SharePoint or emailed to the interested parties.  The reporting is generally daily and related to failed tasks.

We have investigated the Decision/Insight functions under our current OM V8 system but really haven't pursued doing much as our needs are rather simple.  It appears that we will be a bit more "aggressive" with reporting once we are up on V10.

• 3.  REPORTS

Posted Jul 28, 2014 12:11 PM

The DB.Reporting utility will work, but it will only look at what's in the database. If you're running the Maintenance on a regular basis and archiving old records (which I'm sure you're doing...) then you'll have to pull the reports from the Archive logs.

• 4.  REPORTS

Posted Jul 29, 2014 06:50 PM

Thank you for your comments.  We'll play around with it a bit and see what we can come up with.

• 5.  REPORTS

Posted Aug 05, 2014 05:31 PM

UCYBDBRT is running daily here to produce three detail reports; Objects modified, Objects executed, and objects that failed.  Can't say I've ever tried to do a "new objects" report.

Running UBCYBDBRT to select objects modified over the last 24 hours was a bit of a hassle.  It requires a hard-coded date selection rule within its xml file.  So it re-writes the xml file every time it runs via echo commands.

Pete

• 6.  REPORTS

Posted Aug 11, 2014 10:19 PM
    Using Decision/Insight to publish weekly and monthly reports to SharePoint and the ECC.  
    This allows us to create nice custom reports and dashboards for our 7 BUs. 
    Works well but requires separate database and a server with substantial horsepower in our case. 
    Prior to Insight we used SQLPlus jobs to query the database directly. 
    I hear there are some new offerings under development for related to reporting.   

• 7.  REPORTS

Posted Aug 12, 2014 10:09 AM

If you need occasional reports you can also use the Statistics/Periods search in User Interface. There are many Parameters to check/set.

I use this function sometimes when I need info about jobts that ran during one day for statistic purposes.

• 8.  REPORTS

Posted Sep 03, 2014 01:53 PM

Thank you for your comments.  We'll play around with it a bit and see what we can come up with.

Hi Lori, Can you share what you camep with?  I need some similiar reports.

• 9.  REPORTS

Posted Jan 11, 2016 05:59 PM
    I have done a fair amount with SQLPlus (Oracle repository).   It is not as pretty as tools like BO or Cognos.   The biggest trick has been determining what tables really have the information I desire.   That and figuring out how to extract information from the BLOBS and CLOBS. 

Doing a filter in Periods/Statistics, then either cut/paste to a spreadsheet or save to CSV and then import into a spreadsheet is pretty fast if you are comfortable in Excel.

• 10.  REPORTS

Posted Jan 12, 2016 10:32 AM
    We pulled stats like this as well.  Honestly, I'm not sure how often they were referenced, but every once in a blue moon someone would ask for the stats and we were glad we had them.

My suggestion would be to pull the information daily.  We used to do this right after midnight.  That way you have the counts by day.  Then you can add them together as needed. 

We simply ran SQL queries against the db and then stored the info in a spreadsheet.  My long term goal was to completely automate the process and store the information in a table somewhere, but never quite got to that point.

We also made note of the # of agents on each system - that helped us know when there was unusual growth and/or we were getting close to exceeding our license.

For completed jobs and failed jobs you want the AH table.  For a simple count on "new" objects you want the OH table the creation date of the object.