Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Possible to use PUT_ATT to change HOST for single server or using a HOSTGROUP in the same job.

• 1.  Possible to use PUT_ATT to change HOST for single server or using a HOSTGROUP in the same job.

Posted Sep 04, 2014 09:48 AM
    I'm getting an error message when I attempt to use the PUT_ATT HOST = "ahostgroup"

The HOSTGRP does appear in the dropdown list when I edit the job and view the Attrib. Tab.

• 2.  Possible to use PUT_ATT to change HOST for single server or using a HOSTGROUP in the same job.

Posted Sep 04, 2014 10:25 AM
    You should provide more information. What error did you receive?

• 3.  Possible to use PUT_ATT to change HOST for single server or using a HOSTGROUP in the same job.

Posted Sep 04, 2014 10:27 AM
    From the User Guide: AgentGoup

Host group selection, which includes selection of the agent for a task, is made before its script is processed.:PUT_ATT can be used to define a different agent but not a different AgentGroup. The script functionPREP_PROCESS_AGENTGROUP can be used to read the agents of an AgentGroup.

We don't use these as we find them too restrictive for our needs and have different methods to assign the Agent.  I guess you could add script logic that performs the PREP_PROCESS_AGENTGROUP to locate the necessary agent and then use the PUT_ATT to assign that specific agent.