Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 15, 2014 09:40 AM
    Friends,
    do you think you could help me solve this problem?

Here's the scenario:
    from a workflow object, we need to send an email notification to users but it should contain the stack trace of a failed execution of a previous task in the workflow when that happens.

What I'm struggling with is how to pass parameters to a Notification object.

I'm new to UC4 and would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

• 2.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 15, 2014 10:28 AM
    Look at using the PUT_ATT SUBJECT and PUT_ATT CALL_TEXT Script Function in the Process tab of the Notification object.

• 3.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 15, 2014 10:56 AM

To pass parameters from another Object to the Notification you have the alternatives to hand them via Object-Variables or PUT_READ_BUFFER/READ:

Another way would be let the Notification pull the information needed. E.g. by determining the RunID of its activator or predecessor (SYS_ACT_PARENT_NR / SYS_ACT_PREV_NR) and then read the report (PREP_PROCESS_REPORT).

I would call the Notification from the Post-Conditions tab of the task properties in the workflow. If you call the Notification in the end of the Workflow, I would find it hard to determine witch task fails.

• 4.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 16, 2014 09:23 AM
    Guenter, thanks for helping.

I am actually using a VARA object. I am putting some content into that object at the "Post Process" of a JMS job, and then trying to read that content at the "Process" tab on the "Script" object.

But that is not working. What could I be missing?

Here's the code:
    At the "Post Process" of the JMS job:
    :PUT_VAR VARA.COQ1, "CONTENT", "this content is from post process"

At the "Process" tab of the Script:
    :SET &var_content# = GET_VAR(VARA.COQ1,'CONTENT')
    :PRINT 'Content of var is: &var_content#'

Thanks.

• 5.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 16, 2014 10:38 AM
    Joe:

Three questions:

1. Do both objects have their Runtime Parameters, Generate at runtime checked?

2. What is the result of the PRINT statement?  

3. When you look at the VARA.COQ1 Variable what do you see for its contents for the CONTENT Validity keyword?

• 6.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 16, 2014 02:12 PM
    Mark,
    I can't find the "Generate at Runtime" checkbox on the Notification paremeter. So, I can't answer #1.

As for #2, The notification Report shows that the Process tab of the Notification object is executed BEFORE the Post Process of the previous task, which means that the VARA.COQ1 the incorrect value, not the one set in the Post Process (which is when I believe the stack trace could be captured).

As for #3, I don't see what you're saying. All I see in the Variable column is the "Static values" group, 1 key and 5 values (value 1 through value 5).

Do I have to create a different kind of VARA to make what I need happen?

Thanks.
    Joe

wxy2o67x9wwv.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/4d/wxy2o67x9wwv.png" width="1008">

• 7.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 16, 2014 02:14 PM

• 8.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 16, 2014 02:57 PM
    Joe:

1. I'm a OM V8 user.  The Generate at runtime is on the Attributes tab for both object types.

2. That, to me, indicates that you do not have the Generate at runtime checked for the Notification object.  You may want to review the Executing Objects section in the guide.

3. Since I'm on V8 my response would be to ensure that the Attributes tab for Validity keyword is set to "Freely selected".

• 9.  Passing paremeters to a Notification object

Posted Oct 16, 2014 03:07 PM
    When/where are you executing the Notification? In the SCRI object in the above workflow? Or from somewhere in your JMS job?