Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Prompts and Alerts. Notifying a specific user.

Posted Oct 22, 2014 11:17 AM
    With Call objects you can set an alert to notify a specific user.  Is there anyway to take this functionality and apply it to prompts?  We are in the process of automating server prep for patching and we have some error handling built in that is utilizing prompts.  Within the prompts we can make changes and submit them to the process, but, when this gets finished no one will have to do anything unless an error occurs.  The process will check a database for the next patching cycle and start on its own.   We are now facing the realization that the user in this process is going to be our UC4 account.  Is there anyway to send a prompt to a specific account or can we script the process to run as a different user? So in this cycle UserA is responsible for prepping the servers, run as UserA.

• 2.  Prompts and Alerts. Notifying a specific user.

Posted Oct 22, 2014 11:44 AM
    I know that you can take over task and get the prompt.  But it would be nice if you didn't have to do that.  

What is the point of Int. Account in the Attributes tab.  Documentation says you can specify an internal account, but then it says this field does not affect the process.  I don't understand.

• 3.  Prompts and Alerts. Notifying a specific user.

Posted Jun 24, 2015 02:56 PM
    Basically Prompts were not designed for notification purposes, therefore we have the call object :-)

One more issue - except this one with several users - prompts will not be activated if the parent Object was started via Schedule.
    In addition to that prompts are only once activated when the parent object was started in recurrent mode.

So I am afraid the practical use is very low.

The mentioned Field "Internal account " is just a textfiled for accounting or bookkeeping purposes.

• 4.  Prompts and Alerts. Notifying a specific user.

Posted Aug 31, 2015 08:32 PM
    One option is to update user running the task using SQL.

Update AH_USR_Idnr on the AH table and the EH_USR_Idnr in the EH table.

I would definitely test this method thoroughly before implementing in Production.