Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Unknown Status code for "active" jobs

Posted Oct 30, 2014 01:33 AM
    What is the recommended steps I should take if a job is in an "Unknown" status?  Should I manually mark them as "Active" and let the system figure out if they have finished? Can I manually mark them as "Active" by just changing the status code in the EH table?

We had an intermittent network connection with an agent, and now a lot of jobs are in the "Unknown" status.

• 2.  Unknown Status code for "active" jobs

Posted Oct 30, 2014 12:15 PM
    I wouldn't mark them as 'Active' since it means the AE isn't able to track the status of the job any longer. Those jobs would just stay in the Activities window.

In this case, I would manually check each job to make sure it completed and then change it in the Activities window to the correct status.

• 3.  Unknown Status code for "active" jobs

Posted Oct 30, 2014 01:36 PM
    I've had the same question - how can we really tell if it is running? (If completed, there's usually a log file, but I'm not sure the absence of a log file is 100% confident.) When there are hundreds of jobs in this state, can we check in some automated way? I've been thinking how to develop a tool for this... will share it if we make any progress.

• 4.  Unknown Status code for "active" jobs

Posted Nov 03, 2014 11:36 AM
    I would have a look at the Detail Window (out of Activities Window) often you can find useful information there.
    For example when a script error occurs, you can find in Detail in which line the error occurs.

• 5.  Unknown Status code for "active" jobs

Posted Nov 03, 2014 11:37 AM
    For an automation there might be the script function GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL useful for you.