Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Inherit a Post Process from System Client 0000

Posted Dec 09, 2014 03:33 PM
    Is there a way to create a Post Process in System Client 0000 so all clients will inherit this Post Process step?

I want to implement error handling in the System Client 0000 Post Process and if all clients inherits this step,  it only needs to be implemented in one place.

I'm new to UC4 so thanks in advance. 

• 2.  Inherit a Post Process from System Client 0000
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 09, 2014 04:35 PM
    Create a 'Template' Job for a specific job type in Client 0 and define it as the one to use in the Variable UC_OBJECT_TEMPLATE.

Say we want to put a script in the Post-Process tab of a Windows Job (JOBS.WIN) - 

All Object Templates are located in the Template Folder. Since these are the default templates, any alterations to the default templates are overwritten when an update is done.

To avoid this, make a copy of 'JOBS.WIN' and name it 'JOBS.WIN_ERROR'.

Add your script to the Post-Process Tab of 'JOBS.WIN_ERROR' and save.

Then edit the Variable UC_OBJECT_TEMPLATE (DIV_VARIABLES folder).

The variable lists all the Objects available to create and the Template that should be used for all new objects.

Find the 'Key' JOBS.WIN and replace 'Value 1' with the name of your Template object. 
    Here's an example:

ucy5oy5r28gz.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/nj/ucy5oy5r28gz.png" width="692">

Save the Variable.

All new Windows jobs will now use JOBS.WIN_ERROR as the template.

• 3.  Inherit a Post Process from System Client 0000

Posted Dec 09, 2014 11:24 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion Jennifer, I will give it a spin.

• 4.  Inherit a Post Process from System Client 0000

Posted Jan 22, 2015 10:30 AM
    I implemented the suggestion and now NEW jobs inherit the Post Process INCLUDE from the modified Client 0 template.  

Take it a step further, how can I get it to work with existing jobs without manually editing the job?   Will moving my INCLUDE from Post Process in Client 0 to "TRAILER" do the trick?

• 5.  Inherit a Post Process from System Client 0000

Posted Jan 23, 2015 11:41 AM
    Instead of using Post Process, I was able to accomplish what I wanted by using trailers.    I renamed my include script to a Trailer defined in Client 0.   In run time, my script is called and overrides the one in Client 0.