AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to pass a variable set in a script to a JOBP.IF?

Question asked by Stevin_Turrentine_1985 on Dec 10, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 11, 2014 by Stevin_Turrentine_1985
Hello friends,

So I have been tasked with automating the restart of out AM V8 agents using AE V10. I was asked to use one job/workflow to restart either a Windows agent or a UNIX agent. This is what I have been trying to make work so far...I am trying to pass a value that I am setting in a script object to a JOBP IF object and am not having any success. 

I have a JOBP standard at the highest level, which has some prompts on it and is where I get the &APPWORX_AGENT# value.

The first thing the workflow does is call a script object which does a PSET &AGENT_OS# = GET_VAR(VARA.APPWORX_AGENTS,&APPWORX_AGENT#,2), which grabs the value in the second column of this vara (This works as evidenced in the report).

I then call a JOBP IF to check the value of that variable but it keeps telling me that the variable does not exist yet("Syntax error in object 'JOBP.IF.RESTART_APPWORX_AGENT', line '00000'. 'U1001308 Variable 'AGENT_OS#' has not yet been defined.'."). 

I have tried to PUBLISH the &AGENT_OS# to the "TOP" level and that does not work either.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way? Should I be using ARA instead?

Thank you in advance for any help, suggestions and time.

-Steve T.

Outcomes