AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 13, 2008 02:39 PM
    uuxordre returns Access Deined - Insufficient Priviliges.
    Hi,
    I have setup a C# web service to call uxordre.exe . My call is "[b]d:\universe\conupr\exec\uxordre.exe UPR=JOB_ME501 MU=W_LEGASIS[/b]". When I execute the above-mentioned  from the DOS command prompt , it works. However, when my web service tries the same call, it receives the message: "Access Denied - Insufficient Priviliges".  I noticed that when the webservice is excuting other tasks , the Windows task manager indicates the user as NETWORK SERVICE .The web service can run other executables on the machine without any problems. I have set the security permissions on the  Dollar Universe folder for the user "NETWORK SERVICE" to full control.  Dollar Universe has been set up to use the user "production". I have tried to make the webservice use impersonation of the "production" account to no avail. Someone suggested that I must call uxsetenv.bat, then call uxordre.exe, but it had no effect. Is there a setting that I must set to allow the account "NETWORK SERVICE" to run uxordre. My platform is Windows 2003 Server R2  Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2, Dollar Universe 2.4.  Thanks

James

• 2.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 16, 2008 10:39 AM
    Hello,

It looks like a  Windows rights related issue.

Can you test with another $U command in your web service - like "uxlst node" for example? Does it fail? With which message?

Eric JT

• 3.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 17, 2008 06:22 AM
    HI

for windows
    in your fic useralias.txt, insert the correspondance bewteen the user who execute call and the user $U
    probably not the same

user $U TOTO
    user who make the call system
    in your useralias.txt 
    #<LoginDomain Name>     <Login User Name>          <&#036;U User>   
            AUTORITE_NT                        system                                      toto

test it

• 4.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 17, 2008 07:18 AM
    On english based Windows, replace

AUTORITE_NT       SYSTEM                  '&#036;U user'

by

NT_AUTHORITY      SYSTEM                 '&#036;U user'

Michel

• 5.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 17, 2008 10:58 AM
    [quote name='cartman' post='1262' date='December 16 2008, 10&#58;39 AM']Hello,

It looks like a  Windows rights related issue.

Can you test with another &#036;U command in your web service - like "uxlst node" for example? Does it fail? With which message?

Eric JT[/quote]

Hi,
    Thanks for reply. I called uxordre.exe without any command line arguments resulting in the response: "Qualifier missing (UG)", so I am able to run the executable itself, but Dollar Universe is not allowing the running of a job specified in the MU. Also I called uxlst.exe and received the response,"Conpany environment not found ". It looks like Windows is permitting the execution of the executables.

James

• 6.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 17, 2008 11:16 AM
    [quote name='men' post='1274' date='December 17 2008, 07&#58;18 AM']On english based Windows, replace

AUTORITE_NT       SYSTEM                  '&#036;U user'

by

NT_AUTHORITY      SYSTEM                 '&#036;U user'

Michel[/quote]

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. When the webservice calls uxordre.exe, the Task Manager shows that the user "[b]Network Service[/b]" as the  calling process. In the useralias.txt , I have the following:

LEGASIS2 univa univa
    LEGASIS2 univd univd
    LEGASIS2 univo univo
    LEGASIS2 Production Production
    NT_AUTHORITY SYSTEM univa
    #LEGASIS2 NETWORKSERVICE univa  DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY NETWORKSERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #LEGASIS2 NETWORK_SERVICE univa  DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY NETWORK_SERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY 'NETWORK SERVICE' univa   DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY     NETWORK SERVICE      univa   DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #LEGASIS2  'NETWORK SERVICE' univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;

Since the user "[b]Network Service[/b]" is the logged in user, I am not sure how to enter it correctly in the file.

James

• 7.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 17, 2008 11:27 AM
    [quote name='gremlins' post='1270' date='December 17 2008, 06&#58;22 AM']HI

for windows
    in your fic useralias.txt, insert the correspondance bewteen the user who execute call and the user &#036;U
    probably not the same

user &#036;U TOTO
    user who make the call system
    in your useralias.txt 
    #<LoginDomain Name>     <Login User Name>          <&#036;U User>   
            AUTORITE_NT                        system                                      toto

test it[/quote]

Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. The webservice, which calls uxordre.exe, is identified as imagename:[b]w3wp.exe [/b]and username: [b]NETWORK SERVICE [/b] in Task Manager.  Logged in users who's name does not have a space seem to work with "univa". In the useralias.txt , I have the following:

LEGASIS2 univa univa
    LEGASIS2 univd univd
    LEGASIS2 univo univo
    LEGASIS2 Production Production
    NT_AUTHORITY SYSTEM univa
    #LEGASIS2 NETWORKSERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY NETWORKSERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #LEGASIS2 NETWORK_SERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY NETWORK_SERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY 'NETWORK SERVICE' univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #NT_AUTHORITY NETWORK SERVICE univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    #LEGASIS2 'NETWORK SERVICE' univa DOES NOT WORK&#33;&#33;&#33;
    LEGASIS2 jphillip univa

Since the user "Network Service" is the logged in user, I am not sure how to enter it correctly in the file.

James

• 8.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 19, 2008 01:54 PM
    [quote name='JamesMP' post='1249' date='December 13 2008, 02&#58;38 PM']Hi,
    I have setup a C# web service to call uxordre.exe . My call is "[b]d:&#092;universe&#092;conupr&#092;exec&#092;uxordre.exe UPR=JOB_ME501 MU=W_LEGASIS[/b]". When I execute the above-mentioned  from the DOS command prompt , it works. However, when my web service tries the same call, it receives the message: "Access Denied - Insufficient Priviliges".  I noticed that when the webservice is excuting other tasks , the Windows task manager indicates the user as NETWORK SERVICE .The web service can run other executables on the machine without any problems. I have set the security permissions on the  Dollar Universe folder for the user "NETWORK SERVICE" to full control.  Dollar Universe has been set up to use the user "production". I have tried to make the webservice use impersonation of the "production" account to no avail. Someone suggested that I must call uxsetenv.bat, then call uxordre.exe, but it had no effect. Is there a setting that I must set to allow the account "NETWORK SERVICE" to run uxordre. My platform is Windows 2003 Server R2  Enterprise Edition Service Pack 2, Dollar Universe 2.4.  Thanks

James[/quote]

Hi everyone,
    I have resolved the issue. Here's the fix I did to use a logged-in username, "Network Service" which contains spaces:

First step was to ensure that the user "Network Service" has appropriate permissions(execute/write) on the Dollar Universe folders. As most of you are aware, on a Windows system, where the file system is NTFS, you right click on the file/folder, select properties, and then on the security tab.

Second, I had to correctly add an entry for  the "Network Service" logged-in user in the %&#036;U%/conupr/mgr/useralias.txt file.
    For example,
    [color="#006400"]_TAB_[/color] = tab character
    [color="#9932cc"]_SPC_[/color] = space character

<Domain>[color="#C0C0C0"]___________[/color]<Log in user>[color="#C0C0C0"]_____________[/color]<&#036;U user>
    [b]NT_AUTHORITY[/b][color="#006400"]_TAB_[/color][b]Network[/b][color="#9932cc"]_SPC_[/color][b]Service[/b][color="#006400"]_TAB_[/color][b]Production[/b]

Once again,thanks to all those who replied.

James

• 9.  [Solved] Calling uxordre from a c# web service on same machine - uuxordre returns Access Deined - In

Posted Dec 20, 2008 02:28 PM
    Hi James,

thank you for posting the good news&#33;

Michel