Expand all | Collapse all

[Solved] tcp Port

• 1.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 17, 2008 04:59 AM
    Hi,

For port configuration,

- I need to know each port detail.
    - What is the minimum port requirement?
    - I have seen for different installation the same port start with 10 and in other installation is 12.
    Example
    IO    10600
    IO    12600

What is the different between those ports?

Mohammed

• 2.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 17, 2008 06:11 AM
    hi

my english is not very, but my explication perhaps true so..

i think the port is necessary to communicate between 2 server  so if you don't have the same you have some problem to distribute or execute some uprocs

• 3.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 17, 2008 06:25 AM
    Hi,

to complete gremlins answer:

Each customer chooses the range of TCP/IP ports for Dollar Universe depending on their norms and available range.

By default, the value is set to 10600.

If you have installations with port 10600 for the IO Server and others with 12600, this means that these instances will not be able to communicate (except for export/import of objects). If you want them to be able to communicate, you have to choose one common value for all.

Michel

• 4.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 17, 2008 06:12 PM
    Hi ,

Actually there is was an old installation of Dollar Universe in HP-UX mahcine and the port were used start with 10 .

After we migrated the to new installation , it was advised by the consultant to chnage all port to 12 instaed.

Any idea .

Mohammed

• 5.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 18, 2008 05:14 AM
    Hi,

If the $U Company names were different between old and new installations, the consultant had to choose a different value for the ports.

As men said, it's up to each customer to choose the range(s) of their IP ports for $U. For different $U companies you should have different port range, for the same $U company, same port range.

Eric JT

• 6.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 20, 2008 12:33 AM
    Hi,

The old installation and the new installation are in the same machine, same $U company .

Also i am having another installation in different machine but using the same port range.

What is the idea of having much different port range for different $U companies?

Mohammed.

• 7.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Dec 20, 2008 02:45 PM
    Hello,

[quote]old installation and new installation on the same machine, same $U company[/quote]

This should clearly never happen except in the case your Dollar Universe in installed in cluster mode on a cluster environment. In this specific case, you can have for the same Company on the same box several ranges of IP addresses for $U.

This is one of the ways on Unix and the only way on Windows to have several instances of Dollar Universe (eg: one for the physical box, one for logical nodes / packages).

If you are not using the cluster functionality, this probably means that the old installation was not totally removed and the old IP addresses were still present in the services file when the Company was reinstalled. In this case, all you should need to do is edit the services file and remove the lines with the old IP ports.

Michel

• 8.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Jan 14, 2009 11:23 AM
    The IP port can be different but the file uxsrvsrv.sck must be updated accordingly

[$U service name]         [etc/service mapping]

• 9.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Jan 19, 2009 12:29 PM
    [quote]The IP port can be different but the file uxsrvsrv.sck must be updated accordingly

[$U service name] [etc/service mapping][/quote]
    I think that you wanna say here uxsrsrv.alias not uxsrsrv.sck

• 10.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Jun 11, 2009 11:25 AM
    Yes,

uxsrsrv.alias it is indeed.

Michel

• 11.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Mar 08, 2010 11:46 AM
    [quote name='Raphael' post='1522' date='January 14 2009, 09:22 AM']The IP port can be different but the file uxsrvsrv.sck must be updated accordingly

[$U service name]         [etc/service mapping][/quote]
    I'm sorry to hijack the discussion, but I think my topic is closely related to this one.

Q1: If we have an empty uxsrsrv.alias or if it doesnt exist, would $U on that node operate on ports 10600-10615 as default?

Q2: If some nodes are using diff set of ports, would the file uxsrsrv.alias consist of service ports of these specific nodes ONLY? In another words, it WOULDN'T have to define the 10600-10615 as well, right?

• 12.  [Solved] tcp Port

Posted Mar 09, 2010 06:37 AM
    Hi,

[quote]Q1: If we have an empty uxsrsrv.alias or if it doesnt exist, would $U on that node operate on ports 10600-10615 as default?[/quote]

If uxsrsrv.alias is empty or does not exist, $U will use /etc/services file to find its ports.

[quote]Q2: If some nodes are using diff set of ports, would the file uxsrsrv.alias consist of service ports of these specific nodes ONLY? In another words, it WOULDN'T have to define the 10600-10615 as well, right?[/quote]

Yes, in the uxsrsrv.alias file, you only have to define the nodes that communicate on specific ports. You do not need to redefine all nodes.

Kenny