Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Setting up FTPES in the RA Agent

Posted Feb 02, 2015 08:23 AM
    Has anyone set up FTPES using the RA FTP agent?  We usually rely on just using SFTP but in the case our external vendor would like us to use FTPES.  We have gone through the steps of importing the cert we received and placed it into the cacerts file, but we get a "Connection closed without indication." error message.

We are able to connect to the external vendor with a home grown java FTPES client that our dev team has made, just hoping to get it placed inside of Automic.

We are using the V3.0 of the FTP agent in AEV9.

Any help is great help!!!

• 2.  Setting up FTPES in the RA Agent

Posted Jul 01, 2016 06:35 PM
    Hi,  

I see this post is from February so I imagine you have resolved the issue, or something else has changed in your environment, however we have an FTPES connection to a third party (we have AE10 and RA_FTP 3.1.1) and I didn't need to import any certificates to get this to work.  The CONN object is the default for an FTPES connection other than entering the host, username and password.  

I use Filezilla to test connections before building them in Automic, and when I connect to the site I am prompted to accept the certificate; however this doesn't appear to affect Automic's ability to connect.

Hope this helps someone.

Phill..

• 3.  Setting up FTPES in the RA Agent

Posted Jul 01, 2016 06:42 PM
    The certificate has to be imported into the java keystore the FTP agent is using.

We have that as part of our FTP documentation.

http://docs.automic.com/documentation/RA_FTP/3.1/english/RA_FTP_AGENT_GUIDE/help_en.htm#FTP/Setting_Up_SSL.htm%3FTocPath%3DConfiguring%2520the%2520FTP%2520Agent%7C_____9

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 4.  Setting up FTPES in the RA Agent

Posted Jan 12, 2017 06:10 AM
    Hi,

I'm trying to setup FTPES through socks proxy but untill now no success. Connection is not possible even after importing the certificate as described in the documentation. Documentation says enable force active mode when socks proxy is used but it does not help as well. I can connect to the site with filezilla via the same proxy. Any help? Thanks in advance