Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Installing Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache

Posted Feb 04, 2015 05:47 PM

Can we install Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache Tomcat along side of ECC (on Windows) or it requires one of the Application Servers that  mentioned in doc files (Glassfish, IBM WAS CE, JBoss, SAP Netweaver)?

We are running Automation Engine  10.0.3

I did not meant to duplicate question but there is similar one already from December 2014 that is unanswered
    https://community.automic.com/discussion/1360/internal-webservices

Thanks,

Vlad

• 2.  Installing Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:50 AM
    I would also like to know the answer to this question... Please reply if you have any insight to installing AE UC4WS on Tomcat.

• 3.  Installing Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache

Posted Mar 06, 2015 01:13 AM
    Support for the Internal Webserivces on Tomcat has been added in version 11 of the Automation Engine. I never ran across anyone attempting it with v10, but I know there were people who tried and encountered issues with v9 :)

• 4.  Installing Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache

Posted Mar 06, 2015 09:17 AM
    Thanks Darren!

• 5.  Installing Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache

Posted Mar 23, 2018 08:40 AM
    Hi , 
    we want to execute on ae internal webservice on tomcat.  AE v10

i follow the step by step 

Assign the role "uc4" to a user by adapting <tomcat>/conf/tomcat-users.xml. Instructions are available on the Tomcat Website. 
    uc4ws.war and paste it into deploy directory of tomcat (<tomcat>/webapps) 
    Download the Zip-Distribution of JAX-WS Reference Implementation (RI) from http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=com/sun/xml/ws/jaxws-ri/2.2.10/jaxws-ri-2.2.10.zip, paste the content of <jaxws>/lib into <tomcat>/webapps/<internal_webservice>/WEB-INF/lib 
    After deployment, no error log message should be shown in tomcat-log 
    WSDL is available via the following link: http://Server name:Port/uc4ws/uc4ws?wsdl 

but we have a exception on this when accessing wsdl on exlorer. any ideas ??

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class com.uc4.ws.UC4Service 
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:498) 
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) 
    org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:962) 
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:445) 
    org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1115) 
    org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637) 
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316) 
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) 
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) 
    org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) 
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736) 
    root cause 
    javax.naming.NamingException: Cannot create resource instance 
    org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceEnvFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceEnvFactory.java:115) 
    javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstanceByFactoryInReference(NamingManager.java:485) 
    javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:350) 
    org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:848) 
    org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:159) 
    org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:836) 
    org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:173) 
    org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:498) 
    org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103) 
    org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:962) 
    org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:445) 
    org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1115) 
    org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:637) 
    org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:316) 
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) 
    java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) 
    org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61) 
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

• 6.  Installing Automation Engine Web Service (UC4WS) on Apache

Posted Mar 23, 2018 10:50 AM
    Hi Olgun_Onur_Ozmen ,

as Darren said:
    Darren Sniezak said:
    Support for the Internal Webserivces on Tomcat has been added in version 11 of the Automation Engine. I never ran across anyone attempting it with v10, but I know there were people who tried and encountered issues with v9 :)
    Internal WebServices as been added on Tomcat as of Version 11 of the Automation Engine, thus this may be why you're running into your mention error message.
    If you want to use the Internal Webservices, please update to at least Version 11.

Should you have any further questions or queries, feel free to contact me anytime.

cheers
    Daniel